Adding a new 12v supply

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:48 pm
by Simon Todd (deleted)

Ok so we’ve decided we’re getting a tv (again) and it will be 12 v. We have excellent batteries and 150w of solar but no 12v socket in the van. Is it a very straightforward task to add a socket 2 feet away from the battery or do I need a dealership? I’m guessing there should be a space set of terminals for a 12v supply (2023 van)

2023 Eriba Nova Lite 425
Scroll up

RE: Adding a new 12v supply

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:31 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.308 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

You have three options. Splice into an existing circuit, run wires from your electrics box in the wardrobe, or the route I took as I like a simple fool proof solution.
Fix tabs to your battery terminals and run a wire from each to an in-line 10amp blade fuse holder. Like these Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280805396442
From here you can take they wires to your TV power socket. I also used the wires to provide feed to a couple of fridge fans and an led light for under the bed, just inside the outside locker hatch.
You can get all your fittings from Clearcut Conversions. If you phone them they will do a mix and match to your requirements.They do an exact match for your Eriba. https://clearcutconversions.co.uk/produc...s-and-switches/
I put my TV point in an overhead locker, a stainless cupboard handle to hang the TV on and fed the aerial socket from near the outside hook up point.

16 - 12v and coaxial output for tv-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)17 - mount for tv-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)10 - co-axial input-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Colin

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Adding a new 12v supply

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:43 pm
by AlanC | 93 Posts

If you have the blue Schaudt battery charger fitted in the wardrobe, there are a series of spade connectors along the bottom all fed by various ampere values of 12-volt fuses.
You can connect to an appropriately fused one using standard vehicle spade connectors.

12volt sockets with matching Eriba silver frames are available from Clearcut Campervan Design

Hope that helps.

Alan

Liz and Alan
Troll 530 Touring 2015 now pushing a Honda CR-V

Last edited Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:11 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105654 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0