Water no longer flowing in bathroom sink

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:32 am
by jeffbe (deleted)

Hi - brand new owners of a used 2021 542 Touring Troll and we just got back from 4 nights out here in Holland. We had a great time and are looking forward to our next trip next week. However, while we were out last week the bathroom sink ran out of water. When we returned home I refilled the tank but now no water is flowing to the sink. The submersible pump runs when I lift the sink handle but no water comes out. To investigate the problem some I took the hose off the pump to make sure that it's still working, which it is. So, it seems like there's some sort of blockage after the pump but I can't imagine what it would be since the system was just working a week ago. Does anyone have a suggestion or troubleshooting tip for me?

Thanks in advance!
Jeff

Scroll up

RE: Water no longer flowing in bathroom sink

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:25 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

Jeff, I'm guessing you have tried the kitchen tap and all is well. Turn off the 12v electrics, with your other 1/2 observing your 1/2 full water tank and submerged pump, open the bathroom tap on cold, get your mouth around the tap and blow. Try the same again with it on hot. If you are getting bubbles in the tank you do not have a blockage. The only thing it could then be is a loose wire on the tap or connector block next to the tank, or the micro switch in the tap has failed. These may be covered under your warranty. If not it may be cheaper for you to source a new tap and swap it over.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:03 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 667 Posts

Original poster states that the pump runs when the tap lever is raised so it's not a faulty microswitch.

Airlock somewhere?

Does the kitchen tap work properly?

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual

Last edited Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:04 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:05 pm
by jeffbe (deleted)

Thanks all for the quick responses. Yes, the kitchen sink works fine. They're entirely separate since both have their own 12L tanks and corresponding pumps. Anyway, I tried the blowing test that Colin suggested and then turned the power back on and everything's working correctly now. Perhaps it was an airlock like Ray suggested. Thanks for the tips...looks like we're good to go now!

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:14 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.001 Posts

I can't see how you could have an airlock in what is basically an almost straight 2ft length of hose with a pump pushing at one end.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:54 pm
by AlanC | 93 Posts

It could be that either the plastic pipe running from the pump to the tap or the long flexible pipe to the tap/shower spout was bent when the cupboard door was closed.

Just moving everything around would have cleared the problem.

Alan

Liz and Alan
Troll 530 Touring 2015 now pushing a Honda CR-V
Poptop320 and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:00 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.001 Posts

Quote: AlanC wrote in post #6
It could be that either the plastic pipe running from the pump to the tap or the long flexible pipe to the tap/shower spout was bent when the cupboard door was closed.

Just moving everything around would have cleared the problem.

Alan

Difficult to see how you could you could put a kink in the pipe between the top of the water container and the tap and as that pipe has obviously been manhandled to remove the pump to test it, surely such and issue would have been spotted/resolved on refitting. It presumably won't be a shower type tap with cold water only, which means there's no piping from tap to spout/shower head.

There's a possibility that if the tap has a metal gauze filter at the spout that may have become blocked, though that's usually caused by limescale from a boiler, which I assume the van doesn't have. With a cold only from the container it would have to have been really mucky water over a long period of use to block it.

The only other possibility is that the tap has some sort of internal failure, though I'm at a loss to know what that might be.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:12 am | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 30 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105657 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2