RE: Coffee machines

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:03 am
by Ralph79 | 162 Posts

Quote: Islay wrote in post #15

So you need gas or electricity to boil the water! I use a French press or an Italian moka pot.

Unfortunately I dont' think there is anything on the market that can make hot water without a heat source! Some people take hot water in a thermos for the truly off grid experience... though I would think the coffee would not be very warm.

The french press is great and I will use that when I am making larger pots. I have a moka pot too in the van, but somehow have never really got on with it.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:24 am
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Quote: Inspecta_Gadget wrote in post #14
Hi Islam,
You pour boiling water into a little cup and screw the unit together. - This is where the tricky bit is, trying to do that and not get scalded.🙂
A tea towel helps.

Steve, your instructions reminded me of this:-

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:15 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 209 Posts

Sorry Islay, #@**# spelling checker! Lol!

I have a really good flask, great for in the car too, although it’s best to pull over to make a brew!

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling a Troll 530.

Islay likes this post!
Last edited Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:18 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:46 am
by marmite | 400 Posts

Erm

the Conqueco portable coffee machine (see my earlier post) will heat water from cold using its integral battery or you can use pre heated water which will obviously use less battery power before needing to recharge.

Denise
Ex Marmite Too now got a Campervan

Simboc2004 and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:46 am
by Ralph79 | 162 Posts

Quote: marmite wrote in post #19

the Conqueco portable coffee machine (see my earlier post) will heat water from cold using its integral battery or you can use pre heated water which will obviously use less battery power before needing to recharge.

I stand corrected, no other heat source needed (as long as you have somewhere to recharge the battery)! This looks like a great bit of kit, I am tempted... though my other half would kill me if I get yet another coffee gadget !!!

Simboc2004 and marmite like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:07 am
by Islay | 216 Posts

It seems that you need electricity either to heat water or to charge up your gadget....... For "emergencies" I got a mocha pot and this. https://www.amazon.fr/R%C3%A9chaud-campi...ps%2C103&sr=8-9 It uses little cubes of fuel.

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.

Last edited Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:07 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:46 am
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

OK time to fess up. We do own a coffee pot but are not huge coffee drinkers. We own one of these

It says 10 cups but will only do a mug and a half. Mines the half. Pop it on the induction hob and wait for a couple of minutes.

One of our sons, who is a coffaholic recommends Lavazza Rossa.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:38 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

Roger, I always thought you were a man of taste. The Lavazza Rossa is my usual coffee. When I can pick upon offer the Black packet Espresso Italiano or Gold packet Qualita Oro I but these in bulk and alternate between the three. They are well worth a try.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Randa france and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:26 am
by Simboc2004 | 654 Posts

At home (and at work) we drink only Lavazza pod coffee (the red ones mostly) - however we have gone down the Tassimo route for caravanning, because we haven't been able to buy Lavazza pods in France. As that's our main holiday destination we have had to go with the alternative option. Although the L'Or coffee that tassimo mostly sell is utter rubbish. We buy Costa espresso pods in bulk from Ebay without the UHT milk pods they sell them with in supermarkets (I'm lactose intolerant).

Before anyone mentions Nespresso - I also refuse to buy anything Nestlé owned because of their terrible policy towards selling into poor countries, where they try very hard to persuade poor people that their formula baby milk is much better than breast milk. They are not a nice company - HQ in Switzerland and a multi-national structure means they are almost untouchable. Rant over....

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Randa france and scouteralf like this post!
Last edited Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:30 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:42 am
by tanky (deleted)

We love our stove top / mocha pot and mainly use the induction hob which is fast and allows us to heat the milk on the gas hob. Peruvian or Costa Rican coffee.

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 13 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105705 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3