by Johnboy (deleted)

4m it is then, thanks 🙏

Seat Ateca Triton 430 2023
Scroll up

RE: Weather Strip.

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:15 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.119 Posts

Hi Colin
I was reading this earlier post as we now have our new PopAir and I am thinking of replacing the Kampa one we have used for years as it is well short of the drain holes.

I was going to get 4 metres and cut it to fit just up to the drain holes however I noticed in your July 24th answer that you cut yours to go just past the holes.

Can I ask you what the advantage is of doing this?

Cheers
Mike

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:18 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

That is a very good question Mike and I wish I knew the answer. The first strip I bought was the genuine Eriba one, supplied by Jandi in Scotland. I seem to recall they advised cutting it so it projected past the rain holes.
I can only imagine the idea was to direct the water to the hole. If the strip finished short of the hole I'm guessing the water could run over the top of the awning rail/gutter.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
SOULBLUESMAN68 and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:07 am

Thanks Colin

We noticed more with our new PopAir rather than the original one that in heavier rain water seemed to be coming over the top of the rail and down the front side of the van in the place where the Kampa weather strip ended short of the drain hole.

When the Eeals Direct Strip comes I think I will try it longer than the drain holes and see what happens......................

On your photo it also looked that you had something projecting from your drain hole. It looked like it could have been one of the electric cable ties that someone else recommended a time since - is that what it was and does it have any effect. (I seem to remember it was about the time when someone was selling fancy little water spouts to take the water away from the side of the van)

Cheers
Mike

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:12 am
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

The cable ties do work if, but not if you get a few leaves building up around the drain hole. Then again they would bloke the drain hole anyway.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:59 am

Thanks Colin - I have some in my shed so I will give them a try on our final outing of the season next month, possibly to York

Best wishes
Mike

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:37 pm
by Captain Calamity | 343 Posts

We have used Gutter Geckos (courtesy of Adrian Reeves of this parish) and cable ties. Both work and do stop some staining under the drain holes. I’ve found 75mm cable ties are long enough. Although it is good fun watching kids sneak up to van to see if the Geckos are “real”!

SOULBLUESMAN68 and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105705 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0