Weather Strip.

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:30 am
by Tennyson (deleted)

Hi All,

I know this subject has previously been written about but I have a question.

I have just purchased the one that’s recommended in this forum and fitted it. Please see photo.

My question is, do you leave it in place on the van all the time and whilst towing or do you only attach it when you put the awning up?

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 IMG_1577.jpeg 
 IMG_1580.jpeg 

Scroll up

RE: Weather Strip.

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:21 am
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

I have used all three of the versions available.
- The expensive and genuine Hymer/Eriba was easy to put on and take off so it came off when travelling.Excellent.
- The hideous Kampa version was used on the next van and that once on stayed on [until I returned my Kampa Pop Top version ] with a few dabs of sikaflex. I hated the thing for the trouble it gave me when installing it and the {repairable] damage it did to my awning gutter strip.
- Finally the Seals Direct rubber version. This was easy to put on and also came off for travelling.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:06 am
by Simboc2004 | 654 Posts

I use the Seals Direct rubber version. It goes on and comes off easily and I remove it for travelling. The only problem is remembering to put it on before fitting the awning! I have found it is possible to fit it by accessing the awning rail through the triangular vent in the side of the pop top canvas...
I have a rail stopper to ensure I get my PopAir Pro in the right place, which also acts as a guide for fitting the rubber strip in the right place, first time.

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Last edited Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:09 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:32 am
by Poptop320 | 2.609 Posts

I have the seals direct awning strip, I take it off whilst travelling as it a lose fit and will probably come off.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:59 am

Talking to friends who are former Eriba owners, they had the Kampa version on their Puck and left it on because it was so difficult to fit. They lost it on the motorway somewhere...

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:15 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.119 Posts

We use the Kampa one - we didn't know about the Seals Direct one at the time.

I found it a nightmare at first but then I learnt "the technique" and it goes on easily.

We leave it on for the season and then take it off every winter. Probably famous last word but it never budges when it is on.....!

MikeT

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:32 am
by TravisTroll (deleted)

We are new to Eribas and awnings and apparently have a weather strip in our awning bag (according to my husband!). Can you point me to anywhere we can learn 'the technique'?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:26 pm
by TravisTroll (deleted)

So this weekend it poured with rain all day. We couldn't get the weather atrip on at all, so left it off. No water seemed to go anywhere it shouldn't, so now I'm wondering what weather stripe are actually for?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:05 pm

It will divert some of the water and when on a long stop pitch will keep some of the leaves away from the awning, that block the gutter.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:09 pm
by dinky | 211 Posts

squirting pledge onto a cloth and zooming round the rail used to be a trick to clean the awning rail and aid the divorce in a bag to slide in easier👍

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:26 pm
by Alan | 77 Posts

Is it the white plastic or black rubber?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:50 am

The genuine Hymer is white. The horrible Kampa is white. The Seals Direct is black. http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/shop/ets1395-20955 Seals Direct also have/had listings on e-bay where it may be cheaper to buy.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:40 am
by Johnboy (deleted)

Just been reading this thread as I’m purchasing the Kampa awning and now put off buying their own weather strip. I’ve got a 430 so if I bought from seals direct am I right in assuming I’ll need 4 metres?

Seat Ateca Triton 430 2023
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:48 am

You will need 4m as you have to buy in increments of a metre.
When I fitted mine I cut it so it ran about 100mm past the drain holes in the gutter. Other have cut it shorter though.
june 2019 - 3-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:54 pm

I bought 4m for our Triton 430 and it works a treat. The other advantage of the black seal is that you can spot it easily still on the gutter when you forget to remove it before departure...

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105705 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0