Door fly screen

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:34 pm
by bradbos | 31 Posts

We have seen a 2000 troll with what looks like a factory fitted fly screen. This opens up from the bottom and has a bar half way up to cope with the bend in the body. Does anyone know if you can get one or have experience into how to make something to keep flies out!

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Door fly screen

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:12 pm
by dinky | 211 Posts

possibly can be ordered from eriba dealer

the bar does hold fabric in the centre however it also gets air born with the roller spring retraction.

does your front window blind happen to be right width for door?
if so leisure shop direct sells blinds https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/carava...ds/remis-blinds would then need channels and guides, magnet

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:50 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.461 Posts

Our 2004 PuckL had one of those screens. It had a nasty habit of flying up without warning and eventually the fabric tore. I tried to repair it but it ended up slightly shorter than originally and was never right after that. Our Troll doesn’t have a fly screen so we have the dangly “lambs tail” things which Neil curses every time he goes through the door. I wish I was clever like the Randa’s who fabricated something to fit their Troll, major engineering project I think.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:27 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.743 Posts

"so we have the dangly “lambs tail” things" - commonly known as 'brothel curtains'.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:46 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.461 Posts

I don’t know what the curtains in a brothel look like but I will bow to your superior knowledge 😂🤣
Is that why they annoy Neil, must ask him 😂

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
cabbie37, scouteralf, Williebraveheart and Islay like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:29 am
by Simboc2004 | 654 Posts

I bought a sideways opening fly screen roller door from a WWB breakers earlier this year and am intending to cut it down to fit into our 2005 Triton. I will follow Randa's idea of the shaped wood to help it fit into the curve and it will also need to go as high into the roof curve as possible to avoid even more "gentle kisses" from a lower door height. I have been trying to source good detailed photos of pre-2010 Eribas with factory-fit fly screens, but have found very little. If you have one, please could you publish some photos on here? Unfortunately i live more than 100 miles from any Eriba dealers who might have a van i could look at... When i do it I will publish how-to instructions.

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Last edited Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:23 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:29 am
by Rickys Rav | 73 Posts

Try googling "Horrex" (Company in the Netherlands) - They manufactured the door flyscreens for the earlier Eriba's and have a good website in English - They may be able to help you.

Troll 540GT dragged kicking and screaming by Volvo XC60 D3 R-design AWD
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:13 am
by dinky | 211 Posts

unilux fitted to mine pictures were uploaded to blind post (alas was a passenger when did time to destination was limited)
if helps there is a pdf https://manuall.co.uk/unilux-comfort-fly-screen/

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:46 am

I have tried Horrex, but they will only sell larger, "generic" ones to a private individual. Can't find who supplies them to Eriba now, but the doors are higher, so new ones won't fit a pre-2010 van...

Last edited Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:47 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:13 am
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Sorry for the late reply but we were away when you posted this on the forum.

It looks like you have the same purple strip model as we have. Ours is a 1999 Troll purple strip and we created this which works well.

Home created door fly screen.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:14 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:08 pm

I'm pinching your excellent wood fill-in strips idea and general layout, Randa, to get a cut-down roller fly screen to fit our 2005 Triton.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:21 pm
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Glad I could help Simon. I think your 430 will be the same as our 530, fixing wise.

The cheek to the left as you look into the van can be fixed a few times to the kitchen cabinet and also once into the overhead locker, as it lines up with the kitchen cabinet.

However, the right hand cheek can be fixed to the side of the front dinette but it doesn't quite line up with the overhead shelf unit. As a door head I used a piece of 1" square timber (planed) and fixed to the top of the cheeks. It's be good if you could come back with a solution to the righthand top fixing and any other cunning modifications.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:48 pm

I'll see what I can do. Just one of the mods that didn't get done this summer - in cricketing parlance, "rain stopped play". The door is taking up valuable space in my garage, so that'll almost certainly get the job done sooner rather than later! And I'll be losing access to my lovely, big and fully-equipped workshop at school next summer when I finally retire from teaching for good...

Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 27 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105704 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4