Hello

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:00 am
by Mistrelyn | 9 Posts

Good Morning folks
I have no Eriba. Yet!
I recently lost my wife of 54 years and am selling up and downsizing.
We had caravans up to 5 years ago when Val's health failed.

After the move I will be looking for an Eriba to hitch to my Honda HRV 1.6 DTEC so that myself and Ria (my mini Schnauzer) and Sid (my wife's Pug) can get away whenever. I miss just getting up and going.

Looking for an Eriba that would not involve building my bed every night and the Honda will tow comfortably. I have been looking hence me finding you but advice from experience is priceless.

Take care out there

John

Scroll up

RE: Hello

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:00 am
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Welcome John and I hope you manage to find some happiness in this next stage of your life. It cannot be easy.
My advise would be to get to your nearest Eriba dealer and have a good poke around what hey have, but do not buy, go away and think.
I'd suggest the smallest van that would meet your needs would be a Triton 430. Once you get your head around the inability to shower in one you will realise the size is fine. You then have to consider the options it will need to have.
Eriba vans have often been sold in a basic specification and so it's difficult to compare both used and new vans.
On a personal basis I'd advise upgraded axle to 1200kg, electric hot watet(unless you want to go off grid) and the Autonomy pack (12v battery set up)

Best of luck in your search and feel free to ask lots of questions.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:06 am
by granddadgrape | 1.562 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:21 am
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

Hi John and welcome to Eribafolk Sorry to hear of your loss but it's good to hear that you're making plans for the future.

As Colin has indicated above, the smallest Eriba with a 3 berth arrangement that allows one bed to be left made up as well as a dinette and a toilet, is the Triton 430. However, it'd be useful if you were to get a mover as in some locations it'd be a handful for one person to shift. This layout has what we call a cross van sleeper so the beds are only 6 feet long. One of the beds is a double however so you can spread out. Room for the dogs too

If you don't need a built in toilet then the Famila 310 is a good small Eriba to purchase. Again this is a cross van sleeper with a double and a single.

The alternative would be a pair of long sleepers but normally you would have to dispense with an on board toilet if you want a dinette. See, for example, the Triton 410.

As well as the standard layout diagrams in our Picture Gallery, it'd be useful to visit this dealer's website to browse through his picture gallery of used vans he has sold.

g15-POPULAR-ERIBA-TOURING-LAYOUTS.html

https://www.eribacaravansales.co.uk/

Finally, there is no need to purchase new as unlike many caravans, Eribas, if well looked after, can go on for years and there are a number of outlets that sell second hand vans as well as new and the private market for used Eribas is also bouyant.

To check out your car's capability to tow an Eriba, use this website:- https://towcar.info/

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:23 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:42 am
by Julie Grafo | 3.465 Posts

to the Forum.
So sorry for your recent loss but I wish you and your dogs well for your future Eribaing.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:47 am
by Mistrelyn | 9 Posts

Thanks for the responses.
I went to Glossop caravans and was advised that there was only one Eriba my car would tow as they had plated them at 1400kg. It made me realise that I would manage very well in one though.

I really don't want a new one and only want to spend up to 15k on a used one. If it didn't work out for any reason the financial impact is more bearable.
I have been looking and they mostly appear very well looked after.

I always had movers on my previous vans so it would be must have. A bit like hiring a Broads cruiser, must have a bow thruster when handling on your own!

I will look at the layouts now I know they are there. That will be very helpful.

Again thank you.

John

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0