Comfortz Leisure Sun Shade Side Panels

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:45 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

Many of us use sun shades on our Eriba’s. The default setting seems to be either the excellent Isabella Shadow or Fiamma Caravanstore. Some members have in more recent years also gone for the Thule wind out option. If you have any of these and they have a top bracing bar across the end, or you can fit one, the following may be perfect for you.
Finding an end panel for these sun canopies is not particularly easy or cheap and some members, with varying degrees of success, have fabricated their own.
I recently came across what is to me a new contender, the Comfortz Leisure Sun Shade Side Panels, part of a more comprehensive range of blockers and well worth a look. The website has lots of details including a useful Youtube link.
Comfortz Sun Shadz Side Panels for Fiamma F45s 230 Awnings Sun Blocker (comfortzleisure.net)
After contacting them they kindly sent out a sample, from one of their off the shelf Fiamma F45’s blocker sets for me to assess.

• The panel arrives in a 65 x 23 cm draw string bag made of the same plasticised material as the panel.
• Inside the fixings are enclosed in another bag. These include bungee balls, guy ropes and pegs
• The top of the panel has a heavy duty zipped section. You open this, hook over the integral end rails of your Caravanstore, or the optional ones you may have fitted to you Isabella and then zip it closed.
• Three heavy duty plastic eyelets at the bottom allow pegging down.
• In this option the panel is about 190cm in width and 180cm drop. Custom panels are available to size.
• For the lower awning rail height Puck owners this drop would probably be perfect.
• With awning rail heights of most other Eriba’s between 180 and 200cm this appears to be about correct, but an Eriba specific model with a drop of 210cm would allow a nice splay to the sides down to ground level and look a better fit.
• For assessment I made up short lengths of guy ropes to aim for this extra drop.
• The waterproof fabric is a nice choice as it is easy to wipe clean and would allow packing away if wet.
• Bungee balls and guy ropes are nice quality and the pegs will get you by. I like many of you always carry heavy duty metal for hard ground and plastic for sandy soil.
• The overall impression is one of a smart product, nicely made with good materials.
• In the short stay I used it I was very pleased with the performance.
• For a bit of privacy and as a wind block it is excellent. It will keep rain from entering the side of the canopy and if the sun comes out, the top can quickly be unzipped and the panel rolled down to the ground. I particularly like this zip feature as opposed to an enclosed tube across the panel top.

The standard 180cm drop panels are £150 for the pair. For £160 the pair they will make up a 210cm drop.

A link will be going on there website with a photo from those below showing my Feeling and a 180cm side panel. The awning rail on my feeling is 5cm higher off the ground than the newer Tourings.
Sometime this summer I'll have access to a 210cm drop set so I'll update this thread.

If you are in the market for side panels this should be on your list for consideration.

Colin

1-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)3-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)4-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)a-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)b-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)c-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)e-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)f-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)g-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)h-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Randa france, Islay, Simboc2004 and dinky like this post!
Last edited Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:19 pm | Scroll up

RE: Comfortz Leisure Sun Shade Side Panels

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:59 pm
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Zitat
The top of the panel has a heavy duty zipped section. You open this, hook over the integral end rails of your Caravanstore, or the optional ones you may have fitted to you Isabella and then zip it closed.

Hi Colin. So you pass it over the top of a pre-fitted side rail and then zip it to itself? If that's correct it's a nice feature.

R

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:50 pm

As usual Roger, you are correct. It does make fitting very easy.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:35 pm

More photos. This is the Eriba specific model with the ends 2.1m in height, so you can get some splay on them.
I did not have the ends of the Isabella perfectly horizontal, so I had a slight slope on the roof ends that the sides can accommodate.
As usual it rained the next day and the sides repelled the water nicely, it simply beaded and ran off. When I took them down a good shake got rid of most of what was left so I could pack them away for a final dry at home in the garage.
They also worked as a good wind block. I did not realise how effective they were until I felt the wind channelling it's way under the van.

P1060057-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1060058-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1060059-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
P1060060-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1060061-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1060062-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Colin

Randa france, Simboc2004, dinky and Poptop320 like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:26 pm
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Also good to have them independant of the roof as when the wind blows the whole thing doesn't act as a sail.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:24 pm

I've just set up a panel on the side of our Fiamma Caravanstore on the back of the van. The legs are only extended about 150mm, so there is a big slope on the canopy and the panel has needed to be splayed out a lot.
Despite this it seems to have worked fine and I've got enough tension on the panel to keep it taught and free from flopping about.
IMG_0747.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
Colin

Simboc2004 and dinky like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 49 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105704 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4