Suncamp swift 260

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:12 pm
by monoboard | 352 Posts

I really like the suncamp swift 260 low, it’s the first awning I’ve had but one thing that lets it down is where the side poles join the roof pole, it just doesn’t look right

Scroll up

RE: Suncamp swift 260

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:31 am
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Hi.the Sunncamp Swift Verao?

These were our findings in 2020.

Vango v Sunncamp

Sunncamp Swift Verao 260 Low Initial Findings

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:34 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:45 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.119 Posts

Hi Roger

As fellow longtime members of the Vareo users group I share your thoughts about the front pole connection not looking right.

For our long summer trip we tend not to take our warhorse Kampa PopAir Pro but rely on our Isabella Shadow Sun canopy or the Vareo for their lightness and ease of packing for a long trip.

This year we di a three week Norfolk trip and used a specific site to be with friends near Sherringham. We couldn't get a hardstanding for the length of time we needed it and got an extra large grass pitch. the first three days were really windy and cold (whilst the rest of the country was bathed in sunshine). Our pitch nearly on the top of a hill and got the full effect of the wind.

Three observations:
1) whilst the Vareo was blown around in the strong winds in stood up to them well

2) when the weather improved we pitched out the front door, using the extra poles, and it provided the awning with a lovely cool breeze blowing through. What a winner this was - a young couple next to us in an air beam tent had to go home as it was just too hot in their tent

3) As we were on grass on a hill the ground wasn't level and for the first time the connection between the fibreglass roof pole and the metal side pole looked really odd, as if it was going to become disconnected. It didn't but nothing we could do seemed to change the visual effect. It had no effect on the stability but just looked odd.

I think somewhere I might have a photo of it, if I can find it................................

I still think for the price we paid that the Vareo Low is a brilliant piece of kit and wouldn't be without it.

Cheers
Mike

monoboard likes this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:48 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:39 am
by monoboard | 352 Posts

Hi
Yes the swift Vero 260 van low, like i said i'd been very pleased apart from i needed some decent pegs, luckily i had some as we were just north of the crinan canal and the first night we had very strong wind & rain. But where the side poles join the fiberglass roof poles doesn't look right, it looks a botch but it stayed together and perfect size for our 320GT. we had only ever used a shadow awning & it was down to a recommendation of this site i bought it as i thought we could have a wet week. we had the table clipped on outside for the week + chairs & could leave the bed permentley made up. I just need a decent ground sheet to fit or chop, any recommendations ?

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 IMG_0969.jpeg 

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Last edited Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:17 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:33 pm

Hi MB

When we got our Vareo we also bought a footprint groundsheet for the Swift 260. It isn't an exact fit but good enough. I think it was £19.99 at t he time.

Having been a tenter for years I had some good quality camping carpets that I had bought on the cheap in a clearance sale, at the time to fit into a Berghaus Airbeam tent. We use one of these on top of the footprint. Again not a perfect fit but it works really well.

Miket

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:30 pm
by monoboard | 352 Posts

Just had a look online & they list breathable groundsheet for that model, being breathable i presume if i put something on top it could get wet through it?

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:51 am

The carpet that we put on the footprint is an old-fashioned waterproof one so any wet that comes up doesn't come through,

Too be honest we mostly book a hardstanding anyway.

MikeT

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 11 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105705 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1