Problem erecting Touring Awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:11 pm
by David H (deleted)

Hello, We have a second hand Eriba Triton 430, it came with a walker Touring Plus Awning.
I have the layout diagram for the Walker frame but cannot work out what supports the two corners against the van.
There is mention of a "clever system" on one website and in the advice on this forum it mentions "lugs on the van".
I am not aware of any need for fixings on the side of the van.
Please can someone explain how on earth those corners are supported?
Am I missing some parts?

Thanks in advance

Last edited Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:12 pm | Scroll up

RE: Problem erecting Touring Awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:40 pm
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Hi David. I'm not familiar with the Walker Touring Plus but it goes together much the same as other Chalet type awnings. As you say, the main differences are the type of roof fixing for the apex and roof side rails to the van.

The lugs IF used for the WALKER are as follows and they should be screwed in along the awning rail, the Foorman's loop in the centre and two awning mounting brackets, 1 each end and equispaced about the footman's loop. There is a short vertical pole with a flattened end that fits into the footman's loop and holds the end of the roof bar while the two mounting brackets each hold one hook ended side rail.

Footmans loop.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)awning pole mounting bracket.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Doonhamer likes this post!
Last edited Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:42 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:52 pm
by Islay | 216 Posts

Crikey, Roger, I didn't know you spoke Greek!

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:33 pm
by scouteralf | 114 Posts

Hi in your bag of bit or with your poles there will be two small pieces that slide onto the main awning canvas at the corners these will accept the hooks in the pole that make up the side frame heading toward the front of the awning. they just press against the van sides when extended.
be careful when you pack up they could easily get lost.

good luck

troll 530GT pushing Kia sportage awd
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:05 pm
by David H (deleted)

Hi Randa, Thanks for that. I I will investigate how they work with the hooks at the ends of the side rails.
David.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:51 pm
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Dave. It looks like Alf (scouteralf) has the alternative solution and is talking about stick on fixings.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105705 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0