Waste water and spare wheel

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:46 pm
by Johnboy (deleted)

So many questions since picking up my new Triton 430. I need to point out that I bought it as an ex demo so bought the van not having had the input of configuring what I wanted. Having said that it’s a lovely van but realising after years of campervanning the Eriba has less on it that I used to take for granted with the Campervan. Case in point - waste water. Before I make a fool of myself by ringing the dealer, I thought I’d check on here first. I’m looking at the water system and I remember at the handover that water started pouring out the bottom of the van when the taps were on. There was some discussion and woman showing me was told to shut off the water outlet. Now I have the van at home I have looked all round and under the van and cannot find a waste water tank or waste water tap. Does it not have one? If so where would it be? And if not does that mean waste water simply pours out from the van onto the floor or some container that has to be put there? The other point is about the spare wheel or rather the lack of one. I thought it would have one but it doesn’t so is a spare wheel another optional extra? Thanks in anticipation

Seat Ateca Triton 430 2023
Scroll up

RE: Waste water and spare wheel

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:11 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.315 Posts

You will not have a waste water tank, valve or tap below the van.
A corrugated waste pipe drops from the kitchen sink to under the van and another from the bathroom sink does similar. They then fit into a rigid black plastic tubing about 25mm in diameter and run across to a short elbow outlet about 400mm behind the wheel on the bathroom side.
The rich and flash campers buy I nice plastic grey waste water container on wheels. "Normal" folk such as myself have a black plastic bucket that just about fits under the outlet. If you have one large onboard fresh water tank fitted then the following method has worked well for us. Every time we empty the bucket we put a watering can of water into the onboard tank.
To us a spare wheel is a must. Alko do a cradle that mounts under the rear of the van and is a pain to get at. Dom Fox had some of these for sale until recently.https://www.domfox.co.uk/. If you have a fixed bed van you may decide to store a spare under the bed in a large IKEA Dimpa plastic bag, https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/dimpa-stora...arent-10056770/ You may have room to carry it in the car.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Last edited Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:11 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:29 pm
by Johnboy (deleted)
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Colín- once again many thanks for clearing that up for me. Oddly enough I have one of those grey things with wheels which was given to me along with some other bits I picked up on eBay. I had thought of getting rid but guess I might get some use of it now. And clearly my van is one of those that didn’t come with a spare wheel which I must confess surprised me when I looked and saw an empty space.
As you are the font of all knowledge let me ask one more question. My van has the inlet for an installed 30 ltr water tank and also a flap where I can connect a supplied water pump. Is the idea that I use the pump and that fills the tank or if I had an aqua roll would the pump just draw water as required which makes the water tank redundant. Or I could I simply fill the tank and not use the external pump.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:45 pm
by dinky | 211 Posts

if your eriba has a shower there may be 2 outlet pipes under the rest room floor, while a black bucket may look good, the orange ones used to be 98p at b&q allow increase for inflation 🤭
lifting 20ltrs water and holding a funnel is not easy, been there done that in previous life, the pump allows a sit down and a cuppa.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:13 am

I have to confess my Triton came with one of those flaps and the associated hose. It never got used. I used a watering can to fill the tank and found once full it would typically last 2 - 3 days.
We had the Truma electric water heater and our routine was to put a couple of cans full into the tank, turn on the cold taps until running smoothly at the sinks, then the hot doing the same to prime the system. Another 3 cans full then usually took the tank to the top. It is a good idea to have the other half on the inside to check you have not left the screw top off the tank. I stand guilty of said crime. There is a vent hole in screw top. Sometimes it works fine and you get a glug when filling and a wet foot as the water squirts back out of the filler.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:23 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #2
The rich and flash campers buy I nice plastic grey waste water container on wheels. "Normal" folk such as myself...

Remind us again how much your brand new caravan cost, if you could...

Aaron Calder and eribaMotters like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:38 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.743 Posts

Get yourself one of these for your waste water.

waste01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) waste02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Pepé Le Pew and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:33 pm
by Islay | 215 Posts

We had 2 waste water tanks but one had to be removed to fit the mover. you still have to empty those so I really don't see the point. We use a folding bucket.

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:16 pm
by Johnboy (deleted)

Misunderstood

Last edited Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:19 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:50 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Johnboy wrote in post #9
How much? Well I sold my Campervan and was going to buy a 5 Yr old one for around £21.5k but there was an ex demo one reduced to 30k at another place and I eventually got that for 28.5k . It’s expensive for what is a pretty simple van but with your money losing value in the bank and Eribas holding their value well, I thought , why not. Trouble is you then ( as a newbie) have to buy all the other stuff you need. Just found out when looking underneath that there is no spare wheel and that apparently is another £370. But that’ll have to wait. Does the price I paid seem extortionate?
No, not you. Sorry.

Colin. Mr Motters.

Last edited Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:02 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:26 pm

It's because I watch my pennies that my pile of pounds grows. It was getting so big and taking me so long to count it that I had to spend some of it. Just imagine how rich I'll be when I get my state pension. All you old folk must be minted.

Colin

ps - that is the first emoji thing I have EVER used and I promise never to use one again

Inspecta_Gadget and Islay like this post!
Last edited Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:29 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:23 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 209 Posts

Hi John,
To answer your question in post #3, we have a similar setup and find that an aqua roll is useful for bringing the water from the tap. The pump is then used to fill the inboard tank - you get used to hearing the gurgling sound change as the tank is full and it backs up the spout.

As Colin says, you need to make sure that the screw-down lid of the inboard tank is fastened down well or you could end up filling the inside of the van.

Don’t make the mistake I made recently where I went off to do another job while the pump was on and I forgot about it! The aqua roll had emptied and the pump ran dry and burned out which cost me £70 for a replacement.

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling a Troll 530.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:56 pm
by mmcd87 | 17 Posts

If the new Eriba vans have no spare wheel as standard, is there a repair kit or similar? Even if you did have a spare, a lot of the time there is no jack etc to change it safely?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:26 pm
by Johnboy (deleted)

Mines new and no spare wheel and no repair kit/aerosol etc

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:27 pm
by Johnboy (deleted)

Thanks that’s very helpful. Spent the day exploring things on my 430 and think I’ve got a lot of things sorted especially re how water/tanks/ boiler all work together.

Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 43 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105698 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4