Eriba 540 with Reich Motor Mover

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:31 pm
by Buylogs | 7 Posts

Does anyone have a Reich Motor Mover fitted to their 540 🤔

I have been told today by a Reich Approved Engineer that Reich do not offer any warranty if fitted to a 540 as the mounting of the mover is too low to the ground 🥴
Tia

Last edited Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:35 pm | Scroll up

RE: Eriba 540 with Reich Motor Mover

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:02 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

Hi
We had a Reich Comfort Auto Motor Mover fitted to our 540 when we bought it new in 2016 from the main Eriba dealer Automotive Leisure.

Never heard anything about a warranty not being provided before and certainly wasn't discussed with us. We have had ours since then and it is still working perfectly

MikeT

Buylogs likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:05 am
by dinky | 211 Posts

https://www.midlandmotormovers.co.uk/eriba-fitting/

this place mentions fitting to eribas there are 4 reich movers on right side of page as well as other brands

Buylogs likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:43 am
by eribaMotters | 5.310 Posts

Tia, I think they may be a bit confused, or simply not want to fit the mover.
We had an Eriba dealer fitted Reich 1.8 fitted to our 2017 Triton. This would be the same configuration as a Troll set-up. It gave a ground clearance of about 160-170 mm.
Our new Eriba Feeling has an Eriba dealer fitted Reich 2.0. This has a ground clearance of about 140 mm, which looks low but no owners have reported an issue.
Somewhere on a European website I managed to access a Reich technical page that stated ground clearance minimum was a surprisingly low 100-120 mm
As such, your and my Reich 5 year warranty should be valid.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Buylogs likes this post!
Last edited Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:46 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:51 am
by Islay | 215 Posts

We had a mover fitted to our Triton and the fitter was very worried about clearance. John E. sent me wonderful pictures that we transferred to the chap who managed to fit it. It looks horribly low to the ground but after 3 years using it, we haven't hit anything with it yet. I can't find my pictures so perhaps ask the wonderful JohnE if he can help? This may reassure your fitter.

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Buylogs likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:17 am
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

I have a mover (Reich Economy Comfort) fitted to my 2002 540. I was lucky enough to find one second hand and fitted it myself. The only thing I needed to do was to source the correct brackets, which I did from Midland Motor Mover part #227-10366 (dated 2015). I've never had any problems with it...

Buylogs likes this post!
Last edited Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:17 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:31 pm
by Buylogs | 7 Posts

Thanks everyone for your comments I will hopefully talk with someone at the NEC next month and get it clarified straight from the horses mouth 👍

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:39 am
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

I ordered my brackets from a stand at the NEC. The stand was branded Reich, I remember, but the paperwork I received when the brackets turned up were from Midland Motor Movers. I presume MMM represent Reich in the UK (or did at the time..) They certainly knew what they were talking about, there was no hesitation in identifying what brackets I needed. Hope you have the same experience!!

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 29 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12524 topics and 105667 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3