Damaged window

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:17 pm
by Captain Calamity | 343 Posts

I have some impact damage on one the front windows of my van. Two questions. Is there a temporary fix which will stop the crack spreading? And any suggestions for a replacement supplier? Thanks in anticipation!

Scroll up

RE: Damaged window

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:58 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

You can stop the crack from growing by eliminating the stress point. This is done by drilling a small hole a little past the end of the crack. It will then spread into this hole but should then go no further.
If you use the search facility you will hopefully find the thread that mentions a repair service for removing one of the window skins and replacing it with fresh plastic.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Captain Calamity and Simboc2004 like this post!
Last edited Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:01 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:22 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.609 Posts

If it’s a newish van then any Eriba dealer will be able to help, however if it’s an older van you may need a caravan breakers or try this company.

https://eeco-ltd.co.uk/request-a-quote/?...PRoClpUQAvD_BwE

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Captain Calamity and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:03 am
by Simboc2004 | 654 Posts

I broke an outer window skin last year after my rear window delaminated (I was trying to get it off the caravan!). i ended up buying a brand new window sourced from Europe at vastly lower price than UK dealer quotes. Whilst waiting for that I taped across the crack with poly tunnel repair tape. It was a bit unsightly (clear, but cloudy), however it lasted all summer and winter with no problem. Colin's hint about drilling a small hole at the end of the crack is spot on - unfortunately my crack went right across the window... If you do the hole drilling, then pop a bit of tape over it. If you want, run some thin superglue into the crack as well, however i have found a better "solution" to the existing crack to be a product called Captain Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure - (on EBay or Amazon) - which is designed for just such a problem (originally on boats). It works a treat, getting pulled into cracks far better than superglue. It is really, really viscous, so be careful! best done flat, not vertical.

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

eribaMotters and Captain Calamity like this post!
Last edited Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:04 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:04 am
by Captain Calamity | 343 Posts

Just getting a quote from CaravanCrazy but will check Europe prices. Good idea about Captain Tolley’s. I have used that on boats and am a big fan!

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:39 am
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Just for your information Kevin, this is what happened to Aaron Calder a few years ago. Oh Bugger!

I would normally have pointed you in the direction of https://www.caravanbreakers.net/product/10mm-blanking-end/ but to they had a massive fire a couple of years ago that destroyed all their stock.

There may be other breakers around that you could contact.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:15 pm
by dinky | 211 Posts

theres a company in london that does marine windows 11.50 is the start. however for caravan camper van in Tuscany Lippert the second video

at 13.19 in Lippert Tuscany

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:14 pm
by Simboc2004 | 654 Posts

It was CaravanCrazy I got mine through - half the price of Kool Classics's quote and turned out to be a brand new window straight from Polyplastic (the original manufacturer) in the Netherlands.

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Randa france, Captain Calamity and Poptop320 like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 12 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105705 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1