Has the Eriba price bubble finally burst?

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:53 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.308 Posts

Back in June I sold my 2017 Triton 430. This was our 4th Eriba, all previously selling for more than we had bought them for. It went to a dealer as it generated no interest on the forum. I posted about the market situation with dealers suffering from high stock levels, more new stock coming in, poor demand for vans and a poor economic situation in general. Trade in values were low and discounts were starting to be rolled out. This was on top of comments raised by nearly every NL dealer I visited in the summer of 2022, where they saw falling sales and could no longer see the public continuing to buy Tourings at the inflated prices they demanded.
Well this evening I've been trawling the internet, looking at dealer sites. Private sale prices have fallen, vans are not selling and I have to say that significant discounts are being advertised across the board at dealers.

Has the Eriba price bubble finally burst?

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Last edited Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:54 pm | Scroll up

RE: Has the Eriba price bubble finally burst?

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:07 am
by dinky | 211 Posts

cost of living is hammering everyone,
electric prices are at front of minds heat or eat,
mortgage payments are higher
central heating oil is eye watering
the clubs are charging more for joining, sites and pitches.
the clubs are testing and writing about cars that are £50.000,😲 when a fully driveaway motorhome is £69,000
caravan prices have also soared.
folks are reducing costs as much as possible,

every little saving makes a difference in longer term.

the price not dropped out its the people not having as much funds to buy.

in our local big town no buses meant no people,
no people means no buying,
no buying ends shops,
empty buildings
no people,
more folks out of work,
its a vicious circle that's spiralling to other areas.

mean while the expensive pedestrian walkway is superb its smooth, however there is no one to use it! because the bus routes got cut to fund most likely the towns pavement?!.

life will be back to normal when the weather turns good again

Williebraveheart likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:59 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 209 Posts

A lot of the price increases generally, not just for caravans, have been due to shortages of components and this has been right down the line from raw materials to machinery.
This ‘glitch’ is recovering now, quite quickly and as the demand is reduced at the inflated prices, then the suppliers will be pressed to reduce their prices
It won’t be quick and there will be casualties along they way but a correction is becoming due.

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling a Troll 530.
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:18 pm

What I'm saying Steve is the correction has arrived. Discounts of £5K to £6K are being advertised at many Eriba dealers on new vans, and with a bit of pushing you could get the prices even lower.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Inspecta_Gadget likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:09 am
by Steve and Debbie | 1.074 Posts

Colin, was it the norm to get large discounts pre covid. I was wondering if it was Hymer that pushed the prices up, or the dealers, or both.

Steve

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:18 am
by Randa france | 12.872 Posts

What we have noticed, especially in the past two years when we have been able to travel abroad again, is that sales of new Eribas in mainland Europe must be drying up as the many dozens of Eribas we see on our travels are Classics, almost always towed by new vehicles whereas in the UK, we hardly ever see an older van (although there are many about).
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:54 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:38 am

I bought new to order in 2007 from Belgium, and a small deal was available in the way of a half price awning. In the UK I do not recall any advertised offers.
In 2016 the day after Brexit result broke I ordered new to order from Lowdhams in Nottingham. I did get a deal as I was putting down a large deposit on an order that would take about 8 months. Again I do not recall any advertised offers.
At end of summer, dealers are known to offer an awning or mover on existing stock, but to openly advertise discounts of £4 to £6K is a new one on me.

Colin

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:24 pm
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

On this, I have a pal in the market for a Feeling 442 (the one with the 'funny' v-shaped double bed) We are keeping an eye out but if anyone spots an absolute bargain, a PM to point it out would be much appreciated. We have seen the one at Adventure Liesure but the discount isn;t quite enough to tempt my pal to drive up from Cambridge...

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:25 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.608 Posts

I think the caravan/car market have always taken advantage of supply and demand, they have to reign in their inflated profits and offer discounts when buyers stop visiting their showrooms . Back in 2012 the caravan market was slow, I managed to get £2.5k off the price of a new Familia 320 from Automotive Lesuire.
There are a lot more Eriba dealers now so they have to compete against each other for customers. It wasn’t long ago we only had two official Hymer Eriba dealerships in the UK.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:29 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:24 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

I posted something a couple of months ago about how few Eribas we had seen on the road or on sites this year. Some people responded and they had seen a fair few

We have been on two outings recently and on each saw no Eribas on site and on the two return journeys only passed one each time - but there was loads of waving and lights flashing......!

We also had a long journey down to Essex to see friends (and also to watch Blackburn Rovers lose to Ipswich in the company of some Ipswich supporters, who were lovely in victory)

On this long journey we only saw one Tourer in all the journey and they were stuck next to us in a traffic jam on the A!. We waved but they didn't respond, probably thinking we were nutters as we didn't have our Troll behind us...........!

Are we becoming a dying breed? We did see a fair few new Base Camps though

MikeT

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:19 pm
by Randa france | 12.872 Posts

The Waving thing is dying out in the UK. Owners of new vans don't seem to want to join in. Plenty of waving from older vans though and Eriba People abroad are still into it.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:46 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.608 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #11
The Waving thing is dying out in the UK. Owners of new vans don't seem to want to join in. Plenty of waving from older vans though and Eriba People abroad are still into it. Randa

It’s a similar story with cars Roger, I have had an old MGB for 34 years, when the modern MG metros, Maestro’s and Montegos came out they didn’t wave. I bet the classic Landrovers have the same scenario with modern Landrovers

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Randa france and chezmart like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:50 pm
by Simboc2004 | 650 Posts

I find Eriba owners wave when not on main roads (closing speeds too fast?) and they always pop by to say hello when on the same site (as do i to them). We made some good new friends that way last year (though they have now gone to the dark side and traded across to a little Knaus - mainly due to illness and needing to do all the work on setup). This year most of the Eribas we have camped with have been post 2015 ones, but I fairly often see older Eribas out and about in East Anglia, indeed I overtook one on the A14 just yesterday..

I have noticed that second hand prices have dropped a fair bit this year.

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Last edited Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:52 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:03 am
by Islay | 215 Posts

Roger's right about the older vans here. Even really old vans. People who can do them up are doing great business. We don't see many new vans ( except when the Brits come over for the rally LOL. )

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 43 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105656 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4