Winter projects - Brrrr!

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:06 am
by Inspecta_Gadget | 209 Posts

Hi all,
With overnight temperatures falling and the prospect of having to switch on the heating I was wondering - What winter projects are you planning for your vans over the coming dark evenings?

To get this started, ours are:-
1. Fitting extra spotlights in the back corners so I can read after Mrs gadget goes to sleep without having to reach over her to get to the switches.
2. Construct a vertical divider under the sink to store the folding drainer, chopping board and tray.
3. Make a new folding bracket to hang the projector from the aluminium roof rail.
4. Make window blinds ready for a planned European trip next summer. (Although this summer has been largely wet, we were lucky enough to be on holiday in June and September with 30 degree temperatures and it reminded us how useful outside blinds are).
5. Make an extra support for under the long rear seat cushion - This cushion bends, and there’s no real support in the middle.

… so this should keep us quiet for a while; we’re also determined to get out with the Troll over the winter months.

What are you planning and what should I add to my list?

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling a Troll 530.
Simboc2004 and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Winter projects - Brrrr!

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:21 am
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

I collected the CBE electrics yesterday for fridge fans and a battery condition monitor. I've put on hold the onboard tank water level indicator. I've also got to get my head around how to stop the jockey wheel dropping. This is the only gripe I have with the new van.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:34 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #2
I collected the CBE...
It pays to read posts all the way through...

First thought was that this bloke has been hiding his light under a bushel.

A gong?

Buck House?

But it wasn't that at all.

Simboc2004 and Inspecta_Gadget like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:08 am
by Magpie | 672 Posts

5. Make an extra support for under the long rear seat cushion - This cushion bends, and there’s no real support in the middle.

The last one is a good idea. Would be interested to know what you do.

Last edited Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:12 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:43 am
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Quote: Pepé Le Pew wrote in post #3
Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #2
I collected the CBE...
It pays to read posts all the way through...
First thought was that this bloke has been hiding his light under a bushel.
A gong?
Buck House?
But it wasn't that at all.

Can well understand your immediate surprise Pete. After all the bloke does have an "Oscar".

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:31 pm

Hi Colin,
Regarding the jockey wheel, my mate had a similar problem on his wwb. He has fitted a jubilee clip around the shaft and keeps a nut-runner to hand for when he wants to move it.
Or you could look at something like this… https://hcl-clamping.co.uk/products/jubi...nc-plated-steel

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:33 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #5
Can well understand your immediate surprise Pete. After all the bloke does have an "Oscar".
Mrs Pete's parents used to have a sausage dog called Oscar.

It used to sit under the dining table waiting for someone to give it something.

Thing is it didn't sit in the way you'd expect most dogs to sit, like with its backside and front feet on the floor.

This dog sat up straight, balancing on its fat little arse like a small brown penguin.

It would sit there for ages, nodding off briefly at intervals and waking up with a little start when it began to fall over.

It would have been charming except that Oscar was the only dog that's ever bitten me and meant it.

Oscar and I existed in a state of uneasy truce whenever I was there. Every time I looked at him he was looking at me with a baleful glint in his eye.

I even drew Oscar for them as a present, though Lord knows why.

IMG-2108.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:34 pm
by Simboc2004 | 654 Posts

What's the problem with the jockey wheel dropping, Colin? I fitted an Alko premium jockey wheel recently (like you have) and it has been excellent. I also fitted a brand new Alko 4 bolt clamp to help keep it more rigid in use, but I find the "folding" clamping handle too short to tighten it up properly - the old two bolt clamp was much better at that as it had a longer handle. The easily removable jockey wheel winding handle is a great addition, though; all jockey wheel assemblies should have one.

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 09.53.41.png 
 Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 09.54.14.png 

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Last edited Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:39 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:09 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions. The clamp body is enclosed inside the front of the A frame firings, so not easy to play with. I thought about a simple jubilee type clip method, but have since dug out a heavy braided braided cable with plastic coating and eyelet ends. I can use this instead of the straps that failed.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:48 pm

A32D4604-FF09-499A-9E73-CE140D86C3E8.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)E50967E7-F3BB-4AD0-8414-F65580ECD7EC.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)8427C9AA-D05B-439D-A027-57E73659EC64.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)[[File:2A16EB77-F6D2-4273-A320-E8D46335D22F.jpeg|none|auto]]
Update:

Finally got round to doing the seat support while preparing the van for winter storage.
[[File:EAF01F82-A384-4429-9DC4-6CB2CB6974D7.jpeg|none|auto]][[File:FB3A7EF4-E598-47F8-9625-63D54BFA6A49.jpeg|none|auto]][[File:C0AC1C3D-1F34-4871-9427-FDA8A1BCC7B3.jpeg|none|auto]]

I decided on a longer ‘rail’ rather than a divider as the length of the cubby is very handy.

I had a very convenient off-cut of wedge-shaped timber which just needed cutting down to the required 90cm, then a couple of screws either side did the job!
👍

Randa france and Simboc2004 like this post!
Last edited Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:48 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:22 am
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Quote:-"I had a very convenient off-cut of wedge-shaped timber which just needed cutting down to the required 90cm, then a couple of screws either side did the job!"
Hi fellow hoarder. That sounds exactly like me
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Simboc2004 and Inspecta_Gadget like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 16 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105705 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0