ERIBA OWNERS CLUB of GB

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:09 pm
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

I imagine that by now all the members of the Eriba Owners Club of Great Britain have had a notification in the post that the Club is to close at the end of this year.

It's very sad to hear of this fact and I'm sure that I speak for many of it's members, past and present, in expressing our regrets and thanking their Admin Team for all the hard work they have put into it.

The EOC was started 37 years ago but alas is no more.

I've have spoken at some length to Alan, one of their admin team and he has permitted me to pass the sad news on, both on this Forum and our Facebook Group.

Here is the link to their website but I have also copied a couple of pages from there for future reference.

http://www.eribaownersclub.co.uk/

eoc.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

eoc page 1.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
eoc page 2.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
PooleDweller, mr_underhill and 2eZero like this post!
Scroll up

Eriba Owners Club of Great Britain

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:24 pm
by Skoderiba | 209 Posts

I received a letter this morning (a miracle in itself) giving notice that the EOC is closing at the end of the year.

Fortibus es in Ero
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Eriba Owners Club of Great Britain

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:12 pm
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

Hi David. Yes, it's quite sad isn't it but there was a lot of work involved in administrating the club.

ERIBA OWNERS CLUB of GB

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:58 am
by Shady Pines | 62 Posts

For the last 2 years at the clubs AGMs members were asked for volunteers to fill certain positions on the committee ,nobody came forward .Minutes were sent out to the 260+ members so nobody could say they didnot know there were vacancies as suggested on the folk F.B. page.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:21 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

Hi Shady

I'm afraid it is a sign of the times. .......and it will probably get worse.

I have been Fixtures Secretary for 14 years for a very large Table Tennis League. For the last 6 years we have been unable to replace our Publicity Officer despite everything we have tried. Our Competitions Secretary is 80 next year and retiring so we are having to split his responsibilities between us. We finally got someone new to join the Committee this month as a Divisional Rep but he is 76...!

My own Table Tennis club runs 6 league teams teams but our Chair resigned in May and we are still without anyone to step up and I have been acting Chair alongside my Club Secretary role! Our President is 93 and failing fast.

The way society is going more and more clubs and societies will go the way of the Owners Club as people prepared to volunteer become scarcer

MikeT

Randa france, Shady Pines and Keith and Sue like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:05 pm
by 2eZero | 16 Posts

Even 25 years ago, when I was on the committee for a youth group, we found it increasingly difficult to get new committee members or anyone for the leadership positions. Later on with other organisations it was repeated. I have helped out where I can but eventually with no one to support the 'back office' of organisations things fail and cease.

People prefer the 'public facing' side of things and don't put any thought into what it takes to run and manage it.

Randa france and PooleDweller like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:12 pm
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

The answer to this, IMHO, is to introduce 'term limits' into any formal position. I have seen this in a number of organisations and, indeed, have instigated it in others. For example, a position may only be held for 3 years (with perhaps an option to serve a second term of 3 year) After that, the incumbent must stand down. This achieves a number of things. It allows someone to occupy a post and stand down with good grace after serving their tenure. It means that people can stand for a position, knowing it will not be a life sentence and, finally, it prevents people holding positions for many years becoming 'sacred cows' that no one would suggest should stand down, regardless of their dwindling effectiveness over the years. Admittedly, it can take a while to be truly embraced, but it is worth persevering. It brings fresh eyes, experiences and skills to any organisation, which can only make them a better body.

My two penn'orth

Steve and Debbie and Markeriba like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 40 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105684 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1