kitchen 540

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:39 am
by GCL | 122 Posts

Hi everyone, I'm writing on behalf of an Italian friend who has a problem with his kitchen and needs to change it. He has an Eriba 540 from the years 2005/2012 (perhaps 2008). The brand is SMEV. He found it on the web but they ask him for the precise model and he is unable to dismantle the kitchen. So I ask you if you can tell him the model and a place to buy the product. I attach a photo.
eriba 540 fornelli.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Land Rover Discovery3, 2003 Eriba Triton 430
Scroll up

RE: kitchen 540

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:08 am
by GCL | 122 Posts

precise the glass lid broke

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:50 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.308 Posts

From memory, if you have a look, usually inside the kitchen cupboard, you may well find the manufacturers labels for fridge and hob.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:25 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.001 Posts

For decades Hymer have offered the two burner hob as standard and the three burner as a cost option. Various shaped two and three burner ones have been fitted at various times. There should be an ID plate on the hob but with the fridge underneath it's impossible to see.

It looks like it's this one https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/gas/ca...=pi8063#ppSpecs[iframes]/0/the glass cover (100) is listed at £176.69. An email with that picture to LSD might yield confirmation of the lid required.

I suspect that by removing a few screws you can lift the hob up and see the ID plate, though I'm not sure how much freedom of movement you'd get without distorting the copper gas supply pipe.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:39 pm
by Randa france | 12.871 Posts

Zitat
It looks like it's this one

It certainly does Andy except Giancarlo's friend has a blue plug.

https://www.dometic.com/en-gb/outdoor/mo...c-pi8063m-20436

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:39 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:32 pm

Ah! The blue plug was a special cost option Roger, usually only available if you specified the pink glass hob lid and spare wheel and carrier along with the gold plated latinum jewel encrusted motor mover.

Happy New Year

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:18 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 209 Posts

If you take measurements of the hob recess and the radius of the corners, you should be able to get a new piece of glass from a glazier and have them get it tempered for heat resistance.- It’s not particularly expensive.
You won’t get the fancy pattern on it but it’s worth considering.

Steve.

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling a Troll 530.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:47 am
by GCL | 122 Posts

Thank, Steamdrivenandy, you for the link. The cover in the catalog hangs on the left, yours hangs at the top. The blue mark is the plug for draining kitchen cleaning liquids.

Last edited Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:48 am | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:52 am
by GCL | 122 Posts

I'll tell you what my friend wrote.
I found in the documents a sheet of yellow cardboard with prufbescheiniging written on it.
It has an adhesive label inside with writing
Smev 0049 as 2123
Truman ce0085 ap0325
Electrolux 0085 AQ 0716

Well, nothing matches.
Smev 0049 as 2123 no correspondence found on the internet.
Same for the Truma stove
Even a Smev hob assembly instruction manual lists various hobs on the front page but not mine.Immagine WhatsApp 2024-01-02 ore 20.01.08_da6bdb5b.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Immagine WhatsApp 2024-01-02 ore 20.01.59_3936a832.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Immagine WhatsApp 2024-01-02 ore 20.02.16_c8d396e0.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:13 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Is it Werbung: this one?

The plughole is in the right place, and the bloke selling it has very thoughtfully taken a photo of the sticker on the bottom with all the serial numbers on.

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Last edited Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:20 am | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:34 am

Quote: GCL wrote in post #8
Thank, Steamdrivenandy, you for the link. The cover in the catalog hangs on the left, yours hangs at the top. The blue mark is the plug for draining kitchen cleaning liquids.

Our second 540 had the same hob with a white plug so I'm aware of what it's for. My attempt at humour appears to have not been appreciated. I suspect the blue plug is a replacement that just happens not to be the original white.

I also think there's a misunderstanding re the hinging in the ad. The lid hinges at the back but is fitted with the hinged metal splash shield on the left. Presumably you can get one without the shield and one with the shield on the right. LSD will certainly put you right they provide exemplary advice and customer service.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:44 am
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Seems there are replacements available if you look around.

Ironically the Italian eBay's results are mostly from the UK, but that might be because it knows where my server is. Didn't try a VPN.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:50 am

Quote: Steamdrivenandy wrote in post #11
I also think there's a misunderstanding re the hinging in the ad. The lid hinges at the back but is fitted with the hinged metal splash shield on the left. Presumably you can get one without the shield and one with the shield on the right. LSD will certainly put you right they provide exemplary advice and customer service.
If you mean the eBay link I put up, I doubt the heatshield or splash shield or whatever hinge location would be an issue - as far as I'm aware they're stuck on and not fixed in drilled holes.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:59 pm
by GCL | 122 Posts

My friend thanks you very much. Given the cost, he will probably take the entire kitchen in the eBay advert. Personally, I apologize for the misunderstandings and for not understanding everything, but as you know, Google is not able to translate emotions. Thanks so much again

Randa france and eribaMotters like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:52 pm

Quote: GCL wrote in post #14
Personally, I apologize for the misunderstandings and for not understanding everything, but as you know, Google is not able to translate emotions. Thanks so much again
No apologies necessary. I hope it all works out.

Finding these things - and I do hope it's the right one - is a challenge I can't resist.

Sad, eh?

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the box it arrives in doesn't rattle when he picks it up...

Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105655 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5