Touring 6XX's

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:31 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.005 Posts

I've just configured a 630 on the Hymer website.

Starting price £32k configured price £38.5k and that doesn't include £3.5k for an unnecessary roof bed, or £1k for the sparkly chrome bits and £2k for brightly coloured paint. All of which would put the price up to nearly £45k. No, just a boring good old white/silver job like Eribas should be.

All the options I selected added 95kg to the MIRO of 1225kg, meaning I'd have just 80kg of payload left unless I upgraded by 100kg or 200kg which apparently cost an extra £400, though there's no increase in weight, which suggests that a 1600kg axle is fitted as standard and Hymer are charging £400 for the paper exercise that Bailey charge £65 for.

I configured the 630 to include all the items on my current Bailey, though it still didn't have a microwave, or separate shower cubicle.

Internally it's 3ft 7ins longer than our van and an inch narrower. The 630's MIRO is 200kg heavier than our current van.

Getting back to price, a new version of our van is listed at £23,500 with ATC, that's a whole £15k or 64% more for the 630.

I do look back on Eribas with fondness but the current price premium just isn't sensible.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
scouteralf and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Touring 6XX's

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:18 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

At £45K I'd expect a letter box and a postcode.
On a more serious note. I've mentioned in earlier posts that following our 2022 visits through NL how dealers openly expressed amazement how Eriba expected to sell Tourings. They were overpriced and lacked the quality of years gone by. When you look at the stock available in UK dealers I believe reality has now started to set in.
Then again I could just be a cynical Feeling owner.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Islay and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:31 am
by John Watson | 6 Posts

In my totally biased opinion a second hand affordable-to-you Eriba is better than no Eriba! Their eye catching retro appearance and internal feel that I’m in a Back to the Caravan documentary makes for a very special holiday experience and hobby. This is enhanced when pitched amongst the ‘ white boxes’.
An easy compromise decision for me in not having an oven ,separate shower cubicle and microwave but I appreciate they are deal breakers for some. For us they are either not essential or camping life feel alternatives are easily found.

Last edited Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:32 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:02 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.005 Posts

Having run two 540's for a total of 5 years and written extensively on Eribas I know what you mean but I do think the designers are to an extent concentrating too much on things that are bling and not enough on increasing usability.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.

Last edited Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:23 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:47 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

That price is both eye-watering and prohibitive for me.

As I have said previously there does seem to be much metal not being shifted at dealerships

MikeT

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 43 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105689 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2