Bunk bed

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:51 pm
by deejayen (deleted)

I've seen the Eriba bunk bed option in the accessories catalogue, but not (yet) having an Eriba, I'm not exactly sure which caravans it would be compatible with. Am I right in thinking it could only be installed across the front of caravans which have the small dinette, for example, the 310? Or, could it be fitted across the rear dinette of the 320? Also, is it possible to fit a bunk above one of the longer rear single beds in the 420?

Secondly, how much 'head space' would there be between the bottom bunk and the top bunk?

I'm just wondering if I (at 6ft tall) could sleep on the lower bunk, while using the top bunk for storage!

NickR likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Bunk bed

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:45 am
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

If you look at the relevant AL page you'll see that the bunk can be fitted in the nose of any post 2013 van that has a dinette upfront. The pics give a guide to clearance.

I've never heard of a bunk being fitted elsewhere, I suspect there aren't any relevant mounting points in other places.

As to storing stuff in the bunk, of course it would be possible but we always found we had more than enough storage anyway. You also need to think through whether you'd want to sit in the front dinette, where you'd store the bunk in such a situation and how easy it is to erect and remove. There's also the weight to be considered and the weight of whatever you propose to store up there.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years
North Staffordshire 9 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.

Last edited Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:46 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:20 pm
by SteveJ (deleted)

If you look at the Hymer page it's possible to see the mounting details for this child bed

https://www.xn--hymer-original-zubehr-0e...er=2807439&c=79

As you can see it utilises the extra long table mounting rail typically in a front diner but in theory if you can install a similar length of rail at the rear or even on the side (subject to window clearance) it could be possible especially as the 2 hanging straps are adjustable

However at Eur439 it seems a costly option for storage of say 30kg

It would be considerably cheaper to use the old fashion bunks supports of 4 little sockets fixed to a hard point on the wall and typically round but could be square poles that had a canvas bunk but could be replaced with a shelf

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:23 am
by deejayen (deleted)

Thanks very much for all the info.

I'm just trying to get a feel for which Eriba layour might suit me. I was thinking about using the top bunk to store some longer items (mainly a guitar). I used to have a caravan with a side bunk, and I'd sleep on the bottom bunk, and didn't bother making up the front lounge/dinette as a double bed. However, I'm not sure if I'd prefer a kitchen or a dinette in the front of an Eriba.

I haven't come across an older type of bunk, so I'll have a look for those.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:08 am
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

There's a few ideas of self made bunks on this thread :- Bunk Bed - Eriba 430 gt

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:51 am
by deejayen (deleted)

Thanks, Randa.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:07 pm
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

Re kitchen or dinette in front. We were originally going to go for a Triton 420 as we liked the idea of the extra kitchen space you got with it at the front. However, when we saw one ’in the flesh’ we found the kitchen much lower than the standard one and the over head cupboards more ‘in your face’. This put us off.
Worth having a look around some models if you haven’t already. We ended up with an Eriba that we had initially crossed off our shortlist once we could compare models at the NEC caravan show.

~ N

~ 530 and proud
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:55 am
by deejayen (deleted)

Yes, I'd really like to see some different models. The only Eriba I've seen was maybe 10 years or so ago, and I remember liking it at the time, but I have no idea which one it was. I'm up near Inverness, so there are no dealers near to me. I think my nearest stockist is ALV in Tebay, so I'll try to organise a trip down to them, but I'm afraid it could be a few months before I can manage that.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:46 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Quote: deejayen wrote in post #8
I'm up near Inverness, so there are no dealers near to me. I think my nearest stockist is ALV in Tebay...
Jandi in West Calder are the thick end of two hours closer than Tebay.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:04 pm
by deejayen (deleted)

Yes, but Jandi don't have (m)any caravans in stock. My brother phoned them a few months ago when we were in the area, and I think they only had one caravan for sale, and they didn't seem keen for us to visit. Next time we're in the area we might pop in unannounced, but it doesn't sound like they'll have much for us to see. I'm not sure what 's available at Tebay, but the website suggests ALV should have some Eriba in stock.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:20 pm

Jandi operate out of a very small, untidy site but don't be put off. They know their stuff.

You are correct however, they don't have much space available (all outside) to keep many vans. When we visited them a few years ago they had about 4 vans on site not including about 5 customer vans in for repair.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:25 pm
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

Quote: deejayen wrote in post #8
Yes, I'd really like to see some different models. The only Eriba I've seen was maybe 10 years or so ago, and I remember liking it at the time, but I have no idea which one it was. I'm up near Inverness, so there are no dealers near to me. I think my nearest stockist is ALV in Tebay, so I'll try to organise a trip down to them, but I'm afraid it could be a few months before I can manage that.

Tricky. One of the disadvantages of the Eriba - not many stockists.

Don’t know if there are any rallies up your way, but Eriba owners are pretty friendly bunch and would be happy to let you have a peek in I am sure.

The NEC caravan show in October might have some? Probably too far.

~ N

~ 530 and proud

Last edited Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:12 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:22 pm

There's been a lot of chat about bunk beds on the various Facebook Eriba Groups recently so I though that I'd at least copy some of the pics to this forum before they disappear forever down the scroll page that is Facebook

AA.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) This, I think, is what Hymer are offering now.

AAA.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Kool Classics used to offer this one.

AAAA.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) AAAAA.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) This is an Eriba factory fitted one of a 2003 Troll 540

AAAAAA.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) AAAAAAA.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) AAAAAAAA.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Someone linked to this idea. http://www.caravane-infos.net/site/techn...CuSHP9tSF6wUlPU (it does translate if you right click)

Also, to keep the threads together, please also see this thread:- Bunk Bed - Eriba 430 gt

Randa

Last edited Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:24 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:59 pm

Bunk Beds.
Saw this on a 2003 430 GT advertised and photographed by Tony Lloyd, Eriba Caravan Sales. Not sure if they are original or not but really easy to make.

Tony Lloyd 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Tony Lloyd 02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Tony Lloyd 03.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:13 pm

Eriba Bunk Bed Accessory Review.

by Diana Edwin ‎EribaFolk Facebook.

Bunk bed review - our two children just love their setup in our new Troll 530, I've seen quite a few people ask about this optional extra. The bunk is rated to 50kg (over 7.5 stone) and indicates it is not for children under 6. It weighs about 12kg, it takes two people to put it up without risking dropping it and damaging something. It doesn't lie flat in the space under the rear bed which is a shame as there's so much space under there - it's the central leg that prevents this. On the whole though it is worth it for us to all be able to sleep in the caravan if desired (i.e. in winter!), our daughter says it's very comfortable, she has a teddy-bear fleece sheet on it from Dunelm and her favourite blankets on top 😊 We'll report back after the main summer season.

bunkbed.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

https://www.adventurelv.com/eriba-tourin...cKRjtfGQ7Z9e2RI

Randa

likes this post!
Last edited Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:38 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 53 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105687 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3