Sadly, I have to say goodbye

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:52 am
by cruickie | 97 Posts

We sadly, I'm afraid have to say goodbye to this informatie & friendly site.

We decided towards the end of the camping season last year whilst staying at our favourite
French camp site to buy a large caravan & to leave it on that site.

Shortly after returning home to the Netherlands, I bought a large Hobby caravan,
which I stored over the winter next to our Eriba.

The Eriba will be going up for sale here in the Netherlands.

Luckily, I have a brother-in-law who own's a large diesel Merc, he's volunteered to transport the Hobby to France.

My replacement car will be a Tesla model 3 which is not suitable to tow my Triton, but should work out perfect
for regular trips into France.

I have to say a big thank you to all members who contributie to this site and especially the one's that run & maintain the very high
standards of this Group.

Cruickie

VW Golf 1.4tsi GTE PHEV DSG / Triton 410 Forever young / Atomatent awning / Isabella shadow
Scroll up

RE: Sadly, I have to say goodbye

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:44 am
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

Hi Alan. As time goes on it happens to us all. Touring can become a burden and static caravan holidays are easier on the old bones.

However, it's you, The Folk, that are important to us so you don't have to say goodbye and we still look forward to your contributions. There are many Folk on here who have had to wave goodbye to their Eribas but still offer us their wealth on knowledge on the Marque.

R and A x

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:14 am
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

Alan,
Life moves on and we change direction to enjoy it, and that's what we should be doing. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time with your Hobby and the luxuries of space and a washroom that your Eriba lacked. I hope your delivery goes well and look forward to seeing all in place for the year ahead.

Take care - Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
HDI163 and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:52 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

Good luck with your new adventure. A photp of your new Hobby in situ would be good to see.

Kath asked me earlier this week if I thought that I would still be able to put up our large air awning against our Troll for another season. I bullishly said yes - but we did briefly talk about what we might do if we can't.

Like many of us older members we don't want to give up our beloved camping but we may have to accept different ways of doing it.................................

Enjoy your time in France

MikeT

Bryn likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:13 am
by Bryn | 993 Posts

"And so say all of us"

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:53 am
by Julie Grafo | 3.460 Posts

“Tempus fugit” we just have to find ways to deal with it. The important thing is to keep “doing”, keep enjoying. Good luck with your new Hobby.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:48 pm
by gwte | 35 Posts

I had to change our Troll a while ago because I kept getting the Eriba Kiss in all different places on my head and sometimes it was a hefty thump. It didn't matter what I did I still hit my head. As a result of illness I had to go on blood thinners and was told by the consultant, in no uncertain terms, that I must not bang my head so the Troll had to go. It was a big wrench as we absolutely loved it.
We now have a Hymer Eriba Nova 485GL - so we still technically have an Eriba.
I still regularly pop into the forum although I don't post much.

Randa france and John Cross like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:28 am
by Islay | 215 Posts

We'd love to see your Hobby. It's the start of a new adventure for you. It must be a relief now you've made the decision. No point in struggling.

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 49 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105690 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3