Electric toilet flush

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:34 am
by Saundersfootie | 4 Posts

The electric toilet flush on our Eriba 530 Troll will not work after the winter layup.

I know the first thing to check is the fuse and I know this is located in the cassette compartment about 6 inches in on the left. I can see a kind of small panel or cover and the top of what could be the fuse behind this panel but I can't manage to either open the panel or pull out the fuse.

Can anyone help?

Scroll up

RE: Electric toilet flush

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:28 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.743 Posts

This article in the 'How to.....' section may be of use: Electric toilet flush

Let us know how you get on.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:30 am | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:02 pm
by braiders | 1 Post

This happened to me too. I could see the fuse (maybe the panel lid is missing on my van) so I swapped the fuse but it's not that. Thanks for the link on changing the pump. That will be my next job I guess.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:01 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.005 Posts

At this time of year, every year, there's a rash of flush pumps that won't work.

Over the closed season they get dry and the spindle sticks in its shaft. All it needs is a little tweak and it overcomes the sticktion and works fine 'til after the next lay off. You need to get at the pump and give it a twirl.

How you access the pump depends on the year of your van and which type of Thetty is fitted.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:52 am

Thanks very much for the replies. I still can't get at the fuse, the damned panel thingy refuses to open, so I kind of hope it is the pump! It's a 2021 Troll and a Thetford C400 series, I've no idea where the pump is, any help much appreciated.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:04 am

I've just gone to the link sent by Aaron and the picture of the fuse location is exactly the same as mine. Please excuse my technical ignorance but is the fuse the black thing that pokes up from behind the white and should I just pull this upwards? Or do I have to somehow open up the white panel?

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:25 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.743 Posts

As I'm just a peasant with an ancient manual flush khasi I'm afraid I can't advise you.

Where's Colin when you need him? He'll know.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:49 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.005 Posts

I believe that there are cutaway drawings on the Thetford website that should help. The concurrent C260 swivel toilet only has a fusebox fuse that it tends to share with the fresh water pump supply. It's handy because if the fresh pump operates you know it isn't the fuse that's blown. On C260's the PCB and pump are below the flush press vinyl sticker. You peel of the sticker and can remove the pump etc by undoing a few screws.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Aaron Calder and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 am
by MartinRobbo | 8 Posts

The Thetford website has videos on how to change the pump, depending on which model toilet you have. The difficult bit is actually getting your hand in to remove the pump which is definitely a challenge. Ours is a C400 so if yours is the same message me and I’ll happily share a few tips that might help.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:58 am
by MartinRobbo | 8 Posts

Oh, and it’s definitely worth hand freeing the impeller on the pump as they do get gunked up with flush additive (not quite as nasty as it sounds). I’ve taken to filling our flush tank with hot water at the end of the season and then running it through the pump just by using the flush button. A satisfying amount of gunk comes through and there’s no sticking next year (so far!).

Simboc2004 and Aaron Calder like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:40 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.119 Posts

I had this problem a couple of years ago after the winter layup. I changed the fuse but to no avail.

The issue was the one that Martin mentioned in that the pump had got bunged up through using the pink stuff. I found a video on line about how to "debung" it and it worked a treat when I could finally get my big fat hand inside the top of the system. I lost a lot of skin in the process but was proud that I fettled it.

I did put a post on the Forum about how to do it but as I say it was a few years ago................and I have forgotten what I said!!!!!!

One outcome was that I no longer use the Pink stuff as it encourages the clogging up. Now I use a very weak solution of Green stuff instead.

I am a bit nervous now as I am checking it out tomorrow afternoon before it goes in for a service on Thursday. Fingers crossed

MikeT

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:15 am

Thanks very much for all the great advice. I'll try out my debunging and fettling skills!

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:18 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.119 Posts

Update on previous post re flush pump

I am pleased to report back that I checked my flush yesterday afternoon and it is still working

I put about 2 pints of warm water in to the top tank and left it for a few minutes. Then I flushed the toilet and hey presto it flushed straight away. I ran it out and there where a handful of black bits came through. When I was using the pink stuff I geo laods and loads.

Then another couple of pints of even warmer water into the system and flushed it all out. This time there were no black bits - success !!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps a moral of this is don't use the pink stuff in the top tank.

Good luck

MikeT

Ray Lawrence likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 56 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12529 topics and 105710 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1