Gas type

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:20 am
by monoboard | 352 Posts

I presume most eriba users are on 6kg propane rather than butane? I know there are some refillable bottles out there but I'm not away enough to justify the cost versus the amount of gas i use

Scroll up

RE: Gas type

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:15 am
by eribaMotters | 5.317 Posts

We use Calor lite. Availability is up in the air on them as they have dropped and reintroduced the 6kg on several occasions. I believe they are moving away from the Leisure side of the business. Flogas would now be my gas of choice. They are filling the gap left by Calor and are more readily available.
Ideally it would be best to source a second hand bottle then you would not have a problem if new contracts were not being issued.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
monoboard likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:27 am
by monoboard | 352 Posts

currently i have a 6kg & one of the smaller ones as my 2nd, both calor at the moment

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:44 am
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

When we upgraded from a tent to an Eriba 14 year ago and do much of our camping abroad, we decided to stick with Camping Gaz 907 bottles.
Easy to exchange anywhere in Europe, even in Supermarkets.

However we don't use much (if any) gas if we can help it as we always rely on EHU and cook on an induction hob.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
monoboard and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:55 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.006 Posts

I've just swapped in our first Flogas Gaslight 5kg which lasted almost exactly 2 years. Flogas charge £39, but I went to Homebase whose price is £35 but because they're discounting everything by 15% 'til 2nd May I got the replacement for £29.75.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:56 am
by AlanC | 93 Posts

I use a 6Kg and the smaller 2.5Kg Propane bottles from Flo Gas as they are close to me.

The other advantage is that Butane gas freezes at about -2C degrees whereas Propane gas goes down to -42C before it freezes. If you are a winter caravaner this could be an issue.

The Calor Gas supply for the domestic market is in question at the moment too.

You see Propane and Butane bottles, both part used and empty, for sale on Facebook Marketplace a lot, so it is worth keeping an eye out there for a local one.

Alan

Liz and Alan
Troll 530 Touring 2015 now pushing a Honda CR-V

Last edited Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:45 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:47 pm
by Simboc2004 | 655 Posts

Calor is the make, not the gas - the bottles can be Butane (blue) or Propane (red). I am still running Butane (7kg). My Triton came with a nearly full bottle and it is still going three years on. Last year I picked up a dusty, but completely full, 7kg butane bottle from a nearby Ebayer for £25 and I think it may well see me out...

If I were going to caravan in the winter I'd swap to Propane (my previous Triton was on it), but I'm a wuss, so Butane works fine for me. i was away at Easter and it was frosty in the mornings, but it still worked fine - not that we use much. Like Roger we run an induction hob for cooking and we heat with a little oil-filled electric radiator. I also carry a spare Camping Gas regulator in case of disaster whilst abroad.

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

monoboard likes this post!
Last edited Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:50 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:46 pm
by AlanC | 93 Posts

Yes, sorry my wrong, now righted.

Alan

Liz and Alan
Troll 530 Touring 2015 now pushing a Honda CR-V
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12529 topics and 105711 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1