Mazda CX-5

in We've got it down to a T Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:34 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Anyone got one of these cars or know of anyone who does. Good, bad indifferent?

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM

My You Tube Channel
Scroll up

RE: Mazda CX-5

in We've got it down to a T Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:52 pm
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

While you're waiting for an answer Alan, I daresay you've read the What Car Review?
Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:07 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Thanks for that, Roger. I did watch the video part of that report on YT but didn't check the site out itself for the written word. I must say that this car is really starting to grow on me so much so that I've adjusted my daily exercise route to take in our Mazda dealer.

For a long time I had been considering a Yeti to eventually replace the Touran but unless one goes for the really basic model, the Yeti is a really expensive car with not all that much load room when all is said and done.

I can only refer to what's available over here of course, but to obtain a Yeti with all the extras that the CX-5 comes with as standard puts it above 32K Euros whereas the CX-5 comes in at a touch over 26K. Big difference and let's not forget that the CX-5 is much more refined with bags of stowage space. There would also be savings to be made on my annual road tax with the CX-5 having the Euro 6 standard compared to the Yeti's Euro 5.

Um, decisions, decisions. Thankfully I'm not in a rush but as my next car purchase shall probably also be my last, I want to get it right.

My You Tube Channel
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:36 am
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

Always a difficult decision for as you say, during retirement and as we get older, we tend to chose cars that are going to last us a "lifetime". As an example, for all the touring mileage we do in the Touran, it's still only got 40,000 miles on the clock (<10,000 a year) whereas when we were working and ran two cars, each of us was doing > 20,000 miles a year.
I found the What Car reviews excellent and used them extensively when comparing vehicles. The overall luggage capacity of various models was particularly useful for us. At the time we purchased the Touran it was a toss up between that, the Ford S Max and the Yeti.

Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

likes this post!
Last edited Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:41 am | Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:48 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

Hi Deeps here is a Practical caravan review....

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:03 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Thanks for the video link but this is one of the very many that I've previously viewed. I tend to disagree somewhat with the tester as concerns his comments re the quality of the interior which I myself certainly find on a par with my current Touran. And as for noise - well nothing can possibly be any louder than once again the current Touran which is a known issue with this car and it's fitted roof rails.

As it is, I was reading through a couple of our better known motoring magazines yesterday which included pictures of model improvements in 2015/2016. Well for me personally the next generation of Yeti and Touran are most definitely out as they look positively ugly although I appreciate that's a subjective thing.

My You Tube Channel
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:02 pm

As you already have a VW wouldnt the Tiguan be a suitable alternative

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:09 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

To be honest that thought had crossed my mind but having looked closely at my neighbours Tiguan it simply lacks any sort of character. Most reports that I've read also state that the Tiguan is out of date and in need of an update - a message that appears to have got through to VW because an update is in the pipeline for 2015/16. Unfortunately the update will result in an even bigger vehicle more in keeping with the Tourareg which itself is being updated. In addition, the Tiguan is simply too heavy and in keeping with most German made cars anything remotely being offered as a luxury is considered an optional extra.......at more cost of course.

My You Tube Channel

Last edited Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:48 pm | Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:36 pm

I have a 4x4 Dacia Duster Diesel, cheap to buy and run. Economical solo and touring, it's not everyone's cup of tea but it does exactly what it says on the tin, with no frills for half the price......

and like this post!
Last edited Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:42 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 28 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1