Airstream 532

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:12 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Just been on Airstream UK website and priced up the International 532 The 2 Berth Model.

A staggering £44,500.00 with similar options to my Troll

Mike

Scroll up

RE: Airstream 532

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:26 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

So that's around double the price of a decently equipped brand new Troll

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:25 pm
by MCINND (deleted)

And the Troll is a better caravan.
There was a 684 parked a few pitches down from us last weekend at Yellowcraigs and I had a look around but certainly not something I'd even consider purchasing even if I did win the lottery.
I wished Hymer would produce a solid top version of the Touring 530 as they have done with the Feeling and Eriba Nova Light.
I've just priced a Eriba Nova Light 465 from information provided by Jean at Jandi and it came to £23,708 but that did include delivery to West Calder.
Kim has said "NO"! and that I've to await a further year at least before being allowed to get a new van.

David

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:33 pm
by Silverfox (deleted)

Had a nose at the Nec at the outside of some airstreams,
It took me back to my mecano days, strips and plates of metal fastened together to form rounded "models"
It didn't impress me, it would be like washing a cheese grater, knuckles skinned in seconds....
However, I was impressed at the Coachman stand, particularly with some of the dealer specials on offer....
Now you will all have to wait for my next installment ..

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:07 pm
by ellen (deleted)

I agree with you on the look of the coachman, I like the big windows with sunroof, if we were to buy an ordinary van this would be a possible contender. We would need a lottery win as I would want to keep doo-dah as well

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:16 pm
by Randa france | 12.860 Posts

Last year, while touring Germany, we arrived at the top of the Lorelei Rock overlooking the Rhine the day after a massive Rock Concert. Amongst the debris and drunken bodies we discovered this:
Lorelei.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
A far cry from our days in the 60's/70's when all you could expect was, at best a small tent and more often than not, a sleeping bag.
R

"http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/w/wales-1627.gif"
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:17 pm
by Silverfox (deleted)

Ellen, Please!
A Coachman, Ordinary, How very dare you!!
Can't wait till next spring........

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:51 pm

I was disappointed with Coachmans a few years back when they featured 'cigar tube' circular shower units that only a skeleton could fit in and actually use. I believe they've gone to more realistic showers now but definitely style over substance.

Sussex Caravans, where I got 'Amber', a dealer special Lunar, also sell Sussex Caravan versions of Coachman vans. As well as the usual dealer special extras they all feature a unique Sussex Caravan external decor which is usually much better looking than the standard effort. Each model is also named after a Sussex village which is a nice touch.

http://downloads.clickedit.co.uk/8001/20...%20brochure.pdf

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:17 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.741 Posts

I had a look on the Coachman website as I had no idea what you were talking about and is it my imagination or is the layout of the 'Vision' 380/2 exactly the same as the Triton 420?

Nice looking vans with lots of kit but what's the depreciation like?

Forum Administrator
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:40 pm
by Silverfox (deleted)

Thanks for the link, almost identical to the Kimberly Caravans Vision Exclusive range.
Whilst our Auto sleeper Grosvenor was in for its annual service, it was spotted by a motorhoming couple who became besotted by it.
We had a common interest with this couple, and cut a long story short, we sold it to them.
Later, at the show, Mrs Silverfox had a "vision" and that was that, we got an incredible 'van at an incredible price.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:41 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Graculus wrote in post #9
Nice looking vans...
You reckon?

To my uncultured eye they look just the same as all those Pegasus things on that site in Suffolk.

No character

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:00 pm

Don'yt mind him he's got the Thursday grumps - all week!

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 40 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12512 topics and 105572 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1