TV.

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:28 pm
by nkm540 (deleted)

Help and advice wanted please,
We have just had a brill weekend away in Evie the Troll but we have a problem, we dont seem to be able to get good tv pics. We have a Avtex tv with a Avtex aerial, the aerial is powered off the tv and is on a pole off the jockey wheel. We get 15/20 channels picked up but can only see 5 or 6. Our mates next door in a normal van were ok.Is there something i dont know? or am i doing something wrong?

Scroll up

RE: TV.

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:13 pm
by crow (deleted)

Despite the expense the Avtex aerial is only really good for strong signals,
http://www.aerialsandtv.com/touringaerials.html will give you some ideas.
Personally I like my satellite dish, there is a lot of hand wringing tosh about
dishes but reading the advice here should make it a a two minute job.
I bought my first sat. dish from Maplin, but the same kit is offered by Aldi and
Lidl and works very well.

OAP's Should Get Holiday Pay
Pepé Le Pew likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:18 pm
by sleeping dog (deleted)

Re the TV aerial. A friend of mine recommended a Necvox ANT-536 96dB Digital TV Magnetic Mount Roof Antenna and I was very sceptical about it as how could an aerial the thickness of a wooden spoon and the height of a soft drinks can be any good. Having read all the reports I could find on the interweb and as you are aware space is always at a premium gave it a go while down at Mill Farm in Bridgwater. While others put up aerials and dishes, I plonked the areal on the top of the wardrobe in our Triton 420 and set the TV to search and bingo got all the freeview programs no problem with great pictures. I thought as it has a magnetic base I might need to put it on something metal but it worked well on the wardrobe and as we wanted to use the top of the wardrobe for a bit of storage I put it out on the roof feeding it through the air vents and still got a great reception. I have also used it at home with the aerial place on a table top. I think its a great bit of kit and well worth a try.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:38 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Referring to the Avtex aerial, please excuse me if this appears rude but have you actually used the menu function to ensure the TV is providing power to the aerial?

We have the Avtex and have found it to be excellent, regularly finding 70 channels and loads of digital radio stations.
Avtex themselves have an excellent customer service reputation and respond well on the phone.

Troll gently nudging up against Galaxy.

Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:24 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:36 pm
by LookaPuck (deleted)

I use the same combination and so far all working ok, maybe it is in the "set up" menu, try auto search again!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:48 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

Thanks. We will have to check again. The TV and aerial worked perfectly at Polestead CC&C site in March. Tried again at Stratford, Thetford and now Sheringham with absolutely no success. Planning to ring Avtex too for advice. (Glad we're not the only ones).

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:04 pm
by hob (deleted)

Sort of related but not Avtex, at my last site I bought a 25m hookup cable for the tv as the site had tv points the signal was awful until the site owner lent me an old style brown cable that was thicker and better quality and improved things somewhat................so not all cables are the same either.

Forum moderator
Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:31 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

Have tried auto search loads of times and moved the aerial in all sorts of directions!!!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:00 pm
by hob (deleted)

Try it on your house aerial that should tell you if its the tv or the aerial

Forum moderator
Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:32 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

TV now fine!!! Tried it on the house aerial as Hob suggested - worked perfectly. So as Frantone suggested we rang Avtex and yes, they were very helpful. And Frantone was right again as we did need to go to the menu and check that there was power to the aerial! So all OK now and we know what to do next time. So thanks for the advice!

Aaron Calder likes this post!
Last edited Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:33 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:41 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

Good old Frantone. What a hero!

We always treat caravanning as an excuse to get away from the TV but having just got back from a month in France I've now got tons of recorded stuff to wade through including all the Isle of Man TT. Woo hoo!

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:48 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

We don't need one very often - but unfortunately it rains sometimes! It was very annoying having splashed out on the thing, got it to work once and then no more. (Midsummer's Eve on the Sandringham C&CC sight gave us a terrific thunderstorm, torrential rain and forked lightning. A lady asked me next day if the storm had kept us awake. I told her we had enjoyed sitting out under the 'sun' canopy watching the 'fireworks' - much better than most TV.)

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:42 pm
by PhilipM | 208 Posts

If you have an ipad (Elgato do a different model for other tablets), this device is brilliant.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elgato-Mobile-iP...rds=eyetv+micro

It comes with a small telescopic aerial, a magnetic mounted one (still very small but on a 3m cable you can put through a window) and a connector to plug in a proper aerial. We have used it on three sites now and had great results with both included aerials.

The EyeTV app gives access to the TV on the ipad, with full program guide and a record facility and does not require any wi-fi connection to operate.

Eriba Familia 310 owner.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:54 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

We carry and use a telly in the low season. Camping in autumn winter and spring means long evenings during which we relax with the TV on. It also provides digital radio.

Troll gently nudging up against Galaxy.

Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:24 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:13 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

So does a digital radio.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:25 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 62 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105777 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2