RE: I Player

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:58 am
by hampshireman (deleted)

No problem Pete and a lot of what you say is correct.

Puck 225L pushing CMax 1.9TDI Ghia
Ribski likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:15 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: hampshireman wrote in post #16
No problem Pete and a lot of what you say is correct.
Phew!

I was so worried I'd put my foot in it that I couldn't enjoy my Gentleman's Relish this morning and had to give it to the dogs.

yy-R56kh
Ribski likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:42 am
by r66stu (deleted)

Hi Derek, I am a global auditor for the worlds largest cable company.. a can really go to town on this subject, but frankly it would be boring to most..

You have some options as mentioned, test the speed to be sure you are getting what is reasonable for your subscription advertised speed
Change to a faster connection

Or as mentioned download first from the IPlayer this way you completely avoid buffering.This works on even the slowest connections. just make sure you download in advance of your viewing time.

We see so many people getting poor speeds caused be REIN & SHINE, is this affecting you ?
https://support.zen.co.uk/kb/knowledgeba...-rein-and-shine

http://www.elantelecom.com/technical-ass...lse-noise-rein/

1961 Eriba Faun towed by a BMW 320d M-Sport Plus Edition.

Randa france and mr_underhill like this post!
Last edited Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:42 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:52 am
by rambling robin (deleted)

You may find changing the quality in the Settings - top right of Iplayer screen on our telly - will help.
We're on Plusnet and it is a bit variable.
Changing to a faster connection would mean going to fibre which you can do with Plusnet so no problem with email.
On that subject I'd suggest you start migrating to something independent like gmail as that way you won't be trapped in the event you decide to switch providers. Do it now and in a few months it will all be sorted. I did it a couple of years back when my business provided BT line expired.

Lonely Kia Sportage waiting for a push
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:48 am

Thanks Stu and Robin, will study this, show to Carole and hopefully act

You mention download first from IPlayer, to what?

I use Gmail already but retain my Plusnet email account. Carole doesn't want to switch email, also she is very down on switching from Plusnet to EE, or BT for instance as just switching energy suppliers to the house was not easy.

Last edited Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:46 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:44 pm
by Old Rocker | 496 Posts

Can I suggest you use a little app/programme called ^get iplayer^ easy to use and you can download and watch at your leisure

Troll 530, Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDI

He points to the sky saying "the Sun's not yellow, it's chicken"
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:19 pm
by Biljul | 51 Posts

We have Virgin cable here with fast 50Mbs connection but at busy times I player still buffers. The problem is at the BBC end as other applications still are fast. It may be that you are trying to watch at same time as lots of others -------usually when there is nothing on worth watching in real time.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:09 am

We don't do apps as we don't have smart phones - but thanks anyway.

Biljul thanks, that sounds like the reasons having also talked to our SIL who works in IT for the police. Also the fact that our router is in the opposite upstairs of our house

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:28 pm

Last night we tried to do the same thing with Silent Witness, catch Episode 1 on I Player, then watch the next episode on TV.

I Player told us that the app wasn't availble and to try later, we didn't see it after several tries. Grrrr!

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:34 pm
by rambling robin (deleted)

At this point one could say "The person you need is Nanny McPhee" - but it probably wouldn't help.

However if you are at a distance from your router then I can heartily recommend the Devolo wifi kit
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00C...=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Once set up this will use your mains wiring as a network and allow you to access either via wifi or via network cable from a plug in point in the room.

I have one of these (Twin Pack) and it works very well. We're in a bungalow and wifi from router to TV is a bit iffy. Got this before Xmas and job done.

My brother in law has them all over his house - seamless broadband everywhere!

Lonely Kia Sportage waiting for a push
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:22 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

We have the same.
Although our wifi is fast and reliable I have put in a couple of the Devolo plugs in order to hard wire the Sky box in one room and printer somewhere else. Each plug becomes a wifi outlet but also has sockets for Ethernet cables.

Troll gently nudging up against Galaxy.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:33 pm

Thanks Robin and Tony. Sounds far too complicated for me and last night we enjoyed both episodes no problemo.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:02 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

On your computer, go to the BBC iPlayer, choose your programme, download it to your computer, send it to your TV via a cheap and simple "Chromecast" or watch it straight on your computer. You can do the same with a tablet. It's really very easy.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:26 pm
by Old Rocker | 496 Posts

The get iplayer is an app/download you use on your pc/laptop use a HDMI cable to watch on your tv

Troll 530, Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDI

He points to the sky saying "the Sun's not yellow, it's chicken"
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 18 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0