Isle of Wight Ferries

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:20 pm
by Bryn | 994 Posts

we are planning to visit the UK next March?????? arriving in Portsmouth and fancy the Isle of Wight for a few days, any recommendations as to the cheapest way to get there? is it better to book a site , are there discounts available at certain times? Any advice welcome

Scroll up

RE: Isle of Wight Ferries

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:36 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

The Caravan and Motorhome Club usually advertise Isle of Wight deals for ferry and site when booked out of season.
I believe you can be a member from abroad, so it may be worth while sending an e-mail to ask.
Membership of the club also guarantees channel crossings that undercut others, so you should get your membership costs back. You would also gain access to the 5 unit CL's available that are worth considering for the rest of the country.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:05 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Bryn wrote in post #1
we are planning to visit the UK next March?????? arriving in Portsmouth and fancy the Isle of Wight for a few days, any recommendations as to the cheapest way to get there? is it better to book a site , are there discounts available at certain times? Any advice welcome

We went there about 6 years ago for a week and travelled with Red Funnel Ferries. It included the campsite and return crossing and was very competitive at the time> You may want to compare prices

http://www.redfunnel.co.uk/isle-of-wight-holidays/camping/

Mike

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:22 pm
by Bigbird (deleted)

Hi there, I live on the Isle of Wight and the Caravan and Camping Club, allow you to book through their page (as a member obviously) and it gives you at least 40% off the exhorbitant cost of our ferries! It's well worth the cost of £30 a year!!

Skoda Roomster Scout, being pushed by a Famillia 320 GT.... I don't think Bertie Blue, the Harley Davidson, would put up with anyone pushing him...

Last edited Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:23 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:07 am
by Bryn | 994 Posts

Thanks everyone, will start exploring

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:49 am
by cabbie37 | 644 Posts

I read once that the Isle of Wight ferries, mile for mile, are the most expensive ferries in the world!

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:00 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Quote: cabbie37 wrote in post #6
I read once that the Isle of Wight ferries, mile for mile, are the most expensive ferries in the world!

Your probably right, that's what I think every time that I have to book one.

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:38 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Tomored wrote in post #7
Quote: cabbie37 wrote in post #6

Your probably right, that's what I think every time that I have to book one.

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:38 pm
by Bigbird (deleted)

They are, it's ridiculous!! Someone from the Island booked a Ferry from Yarmouth to Lymington the other day, because she wanted to visit her mother on the mainland, it was £83 just one way!!! They cannot justify it, the monopolies commision was supposed to have looked into it, but the general outcome was that they were apparently offering 'excellent value for money'... Your guess is as good as me, as to who was in whose pocket for that one...allegedly....

Skoda Roomster Scout, being pushed by a Famillia 320 GT.... I don't think Bertie Blue, the Harley Davidson, would put up with anyone pushing him...
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 19 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1