Andrew Dittons Dusselvlog 9 Eriba Special

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:45 am
by Tonks (deleted)

check out Andrew Dittons last Düsseldorf Vlog which shows the Eriba Troll 530 60th anniversary model in all its glory.

https://youtu.be/ZTpxbgj-9c8

Ford S Max tugging along a new to us 2015 Eriba Troll 530GT.
, Randa france, Poptop320 and like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Andrew Dittons Dusselvlog 9 Eriba Special

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:17 am
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Every door and locker hinge squeaked, you'd think for a show they would oil them.
Dave

Citroen C4 auto 1.6 Hdi Troll 552 - 2005
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:43 am
by hob (deleted)

That was my main impression to and might explain some of the problems they have.

Vauxhall Insignia Sri 1.8 petrol 2015 towing 2006 Triton 430 import

Forum moderator
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:51 am
by Randa france | 12.886 Posts

Also, unless my ears deceive me, the 60th Edition must have a tow hitch at each end. At 2:30 minutes the dinette is introduced as being at the rear?

I also like the bit immediately after that where he talkes about the touch lights that he could play with all day. From what I've read on here, they play with themselves

Nice bloke though and obviously an Eriba Touring fan who, like most of us, will just visit and sit in the van when it's outside the house

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

FINNWOODY, Eribanut and like this post!
Last edited Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:52 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:51 am
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

Did you notice the official Hymer Poptop blind in the Familia 5:20s into the video?

I use my home made one all the time..

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:55 am
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

We made one as well, we made it from thermal curtain lining material.
Dave

Citroen C4 auto 1.6 Hdi Troll 552 - 2005
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:15 pm
by Trolltuggin (deleted)

We watched Andrew Ditton's review this morning and (as very new Troll owners) had no idea about the thermal blind option Just had a look at the Hymer website and they ask £229 for a set! Agree DIY is best but how do they affix? The Hymer picture shows some Velcro but that's not the full story I guess?

Incidentally I'm a big fan of Andrew D. He has a natural and funny way with the camera and his vlogs of his travels in his Airstream on the Hebrides with Dougal the dog are truly inspirational! Recommended.

John

Randa france and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:51 pm

I made mine from £9 roll of insulation from Aldi, there is enough on it to make two

, and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:45 pm
by Soulbluesman (deleted)

I was also taken by the insulation. It looks really classy and well-made but I wouldn't think that they would sell very many at over £200 a set!!

The thought of home made is very tempting as it would give that extra warmth on freezing nights.

I bet there would be some talented tradesman who could make a close copy of the Eriba one for a fraction of the price.

I didn't really take to the white cupboard doors when I first saw them on a photo but they look quite classy on the video - apart from the squeaking!
MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:48 pm

PopTop320
How do you keep the insulation upright in your DIY job? Have you any fastenings on it or velcro?
MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:13 pm

IMG_20170906_180109.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Quote: Soulbluesman wrote in post #10
PopTop320
How do you keep the insulation upright in your DIY job? Have you any fastenings on it or velcro?MikeT

Hi Mike, the blind tucks in the lip at the bottom between the canvas and the lower roof and it is a snug fit to the top roof. Three sides of the blind are supported by the roof furniture, one side has the toilet area and the front and back is held in place with the roof handles. The only bit that has no support is the door side. For this I have piece of insulation pipe and a small piece on the to to give it a bit more grip when it is very windy, it has never blown off in this configuration. The picture above shows the T piece without the installation behind it. It's important that the roof can still flex which is why I have used the insulation pipe. If your van doesn't have a toilet then you will probably need another T piece on the other side. The joint slightly over laps and this is inside the toilet area tucked behind the shower curtain. The picture isn't very good as I am away in the Familia at the moment.

Last edited Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:20 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:06 pm

Thanks Poptop that's great. MikeT

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 40 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2