RE: Pull out canopys

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:28 pm
by Wendy Ogilvie (deleted)

Hi Keith
We came across your photo of the Omnistor fixed awning and we had the same dilemma as we also didn't like the brackets that held the awning onto the rail. We both thought your awning looks brilliant, nice and neat and tidy.
We have just bought a Troll 530 and it is at Poole having its electrics etc. done. We would like to have Rose Awnings do your type of awning/rail but are concerned about the body warranty being affected. My husband likes it so much that he said not to worry as it would suit us having this.
Any advise greatly welcome!
Wendy

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:03 pm
by KeithDM (deleted)

Hi Wendy,

I spoke at length with Jason at A.L. regarding the effects (body strength, weight, centre of gravity, stability etc etc) and received assurances that having the canopy fitted in this way would not invalidate the warranty. I was also reassured when I found in an official Eriba accessories/spare listing (in German) that they listed fittings for canopy attachment. Since taking delivery 'Emile' has covered 5,000 miles around the UK / France / Spain and many different sites, at most of which the canopy has been deployed. We would not be without it!

Keith

2013 540GT & Honda CR-V 2.2 iDTEC ES-T
Emile the (less than perfect but still loveable) Eriba

Last edited Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:03 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:03 pm
by Wendy Ogilvie (deleted)

Thanks Keith - we are new to Eribas and need as much help as we can get. :-) Will let you know how we get on

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:11 pm
by Colin Morgan (deleted)

Hi Keith,
I was really interested to read your comment, as we have a 2009 Eriba Troll 530 which has a Omnistor wind out canopy fitted on the 3 brackets to the awning rail and contacted AL yesterday and asked them if I could relocate the canopy higher as it stops the awning rail being used. They said I had to get Omnistor fitter to look into it. So I contacted Rose Awnings and asked them, they said that I couldn't get it lifted higher and it was Omnistor with no awning or awning with no Omnistor. Yet they seem to have been able to help you have both.

I will certainly contact Rose awnings again and ask John Rose.

Thank you

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:37 pm
by KeithDM (deleted)

Hello Colin,

I suppose it depends on whether or not John Rose can source a suitably profiled length of extrusion to bond to your roof. Being as our 540 (2013) is our first Eriba, I bow to those with greater knowledge as to there being any differences in the repective roof profiles twixt your 530 and my 540. I would have thought though that if anyone can do it, it will be John.

Keith

2013 540 & Honda CR-V 2.2 iDTEC ES-T
Emile the (less than perfect but still loveable) Eriba
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:12 pm
by armorican (deleted)

Hi We have an Omnistor pull-out which we like. The sides and front simply hang on, attached by clips, then pegged out etc.. The whole thing is in position within a few minutes. We are essentially summer (fair-weather) campers and so far the Omnistor has been fine. HOWEVER! A few years ago we were on Lake Garda (San Francesco) at Desenzano with the perfect pitch, on the shore side looking north up to the mountains. We all sat out there that night - all nationalities - having a beer or three and revelling in the glorious setting sun. It was a picture of perfect peace. Then, It got dark and we all retired. We had been asleep for only a short period when my wife nudged me and asked if I thought it was a low-flying aeroplane that she heard....Well - it was the storm. Apparently temperature inversions to the north (cold mountains) and south (warm) of Garda can cause localised storms. Within seconds, our caravan was rocking, we could not open the door because of the wind-pressure and a scene of devastation ensued with BBQs and babies and everything else flying through the air. Our Caravanstore awning, well tied down disappeared over the top of the van (tremendous bang as it hit the roof) with the centre roof-rafter flying like a javelin into and through the roof of our car (V70) behind. My German neighbour, Erhardt had that day shown me his new, full awning ("2000 euros", he proudly told me) but the storm simply reduced it to a heap of twisted poles, rips and the lot. The whole event lasted no more than a few minutes - and then peace reigned.

So, I suppose, this is more about Lake Garda than any particular type of awning - in these conditions, nothing is safe. We have been back to Garda since, but no matter how nice it seems to be, we DO take the awning down at night. It is easier to take down a roll-out awning rather than a full one. Just a thought!

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:03 am
by Turbodevil (deleted)

Hi
We are thinking about fitting a wind out awning do you have any pics of yours
Thank You
Phil

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:03 pm
by BerylFfrangcon (deleted)

Do you have a problem with the Caravanstore that it blocks the door opening and rests on the windows? Beryl Ffrangcon

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:12 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

This stops the Caravanstore bag obstructing the door and pegs or Velcro can help clearing the door when the canopy is deployed.

06DBE0FE-1171-478B-9621-5D9709E58528.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Eriba #5. Triton 420 GT gently nudging Ford Galaxy.
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 53 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0