RE: MOT time.

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:17 pm
by Bryn | 994 Posts

spose its better than braking wind

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:00 pm
by Randa france | 12.887 Posts

This is an interesting comment :- Note: Where any damage or obstruction does not impair the driver’s view of the road, the vehicle should pass. If it only affects the driver’s view of the sky or the bonnet then this is not to be considered a reason for rejection See Pooledweller's post #28 on this thread.

I'm neither a tall or a short bloke. Just average height yet I have no view of the bonnet of our Touran from the driving position because it slopes away giving me an unimpaired view of the road.

However, when I owned a Landrover, I seem to remember that I had a lot of bonnet in front of me thus restricting my road view to about 8' in front of the vehicle. (even worse on one of our Land Rovers that had the spare mounted on the bonnet). Where's the logic in that?

By the way, I have now reapplied for the two stickers and our efficient French friends are now saying that our car is only Class 4. They've made a balls up so we are currently trying to argue it out with them.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:42 am

Update:-

The German replacement sticker took 3 days to reach us from receipt of order

The French sticker has still not arrived although they finally agreed that they had cocked up the clasification. We had to send them another copy of the log book and a photo of the original one before they admitted it but that was 10 days ago.

Don't you just love the French?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:48 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:26 pm
by Old Rocker | 496 Posts

Randa, I had a chat with one of my pals last night who owns a garage and is an MoT Inspector, to fail on a windscreen obstruction the offending item, which includes dangling dice on the mirror or a telephone holder suckered to the windscreen, must be in the drivers vision in zone A that is the area covered by the drivers-side wiper. the Inspector is not allowed to remove any offending items and should just issue a failure notice. Reckon by that you could request compensation for replacing said damaged stickers.
Makes you wonder what the implications might be re insurance if any said offending items particularly phone holders are in place in the event of an accident as the vehicle would not be meeting MoT requirements therefore invalidating insurance?

Troll 530, Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDI

Don't ask me nothing about nothing, I might just tell you the truth

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:29 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:16 pm

Mick.
I caught a bit of a "Police Interceptors" programme tonight where there were some interior shots of a Cop driving and unmarked Beamer. Just to his right on top of the dashboard, was a small camera sized Sat Nav operating.

Last edited Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:21 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:32 am
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #33

Randa

Errr..... nope!!!

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:16 am

Yippee. The letter with a replacement CRIT'Air sticker in it finally arrived this morning...................Class 4 ? Wrong

So, back on line to try and sort it out again.

Randa

ps. I do really

Last edited Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:16 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Arggg....................................................................The French CRIT'Air.

Email no 11 and they still don't get it.

They admitted that the'd got it wrong on 24th January but now they keep saying that we have to start all over again. I hate to CRIT'Air size but they are b****dy hopeless.

Randa

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:10 pm
by Bryn | 994 Posts

I like it here in France

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:04 pm

Guess what finally arrived today? Our ORANGE Class 3 CRIT'air sticker. However, they didn't admit that they had previously admitted that it was their fault that they previously issued us with a Class 4 sticker. Therefore we had to go through the process again and pay again for the correct one.

Randa

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:50 pm
by Bryn | 994 Posts

shouldnt come if you can't take a joke

Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:51 pm
by rutts | 81 Posts

Seems that the phrase "I was only obeying orders" was heard towards the end of 1945 & has been keenly embraced by many with sloping shoulders since.Dave

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:02 pm
by Jez (deleted)

Common sense would dictate that stickers such as these should be affixed on the passenger side of the front screen then us and Maltese drivers would be okay.
Sadly common sense disappeared circa 1980 !!!!

2009 Triton 430 GT pushing a Honda CRV 2.2 ictdi
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:38 pm

OK. Decision made as to where to stick them. Now, now, behave yourselves

The law states that nothing is to be stuck on the "swept area of the windscreen". On our car, the whole of the drivers side right up against the front pillar (and behind the rear view mirror), is swept by the wipers.

Therefore, we've decided that the only way to proceed was to make the stickers removable which does not comply with the law of the countries concerned but each sticker is unique to our vehicle as the reg. number is boldly displayed on the sticker.

We've therefore stuck them on acetate paper and invested 99p on some lightweight Union Flag tax disc holders. We got 4qty for that price including postage and furthermore, the Union Flag is correctly represented. They don't have pouches in them so they are just flat, circular plastic.

union jack.png - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

We've stuck them on the top of the driver's side windscreen as we decided that they would still only be at the same height as any larger vehicle, eg a camper van that displays them at the bottom of the windscreen.

IMG_4127.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

So, for better or worse, the deed has been done. Fingers crossed.

Randa

mr_underhill likes this post!
Last edited Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:39 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:46 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #44
We've therefore stuck them on acetate paper and invested 99p on some lightweight Union Flag tax disc holders. They don't have pouches in them so they are just flat, circular plastic.
I'm not trying to be wise after the event, but couldn't you have stuck the stickers to the same self-cling material that the Eribafolk stickers are made of (but clear, obviously), trimmed the material to the exact size of the emissions sticker and then applied that to the windscreen?

You'd still have a removable sticker, but there'd be nothing visible (front or back) to suggest that it wasn't applied directly to the screen.

Last edited Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:15 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 29 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105780 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3