RE: 12v LED bulbs

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:52 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

Quote: Steamdrivenandy wrote in post #10
So, of course, a new complete lamp has to be purchased as they don't sell the cover on its own. It comes with around a foot of wire attached , complete with bullet connectors. However I was informed by Jandi that the only way to get at the bullet connectors was to strip out the kitchen lockers! I felt this was rather drastic so hit upon disconnecting the old wire at the light fitting, stripping out the new wire and reconnecting the old wire to the new fitting. That worked a treat and the new and flexible fitting went on with no issues at all.
Top Tip, Andy. Thanks.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:07 am
by Paul Jarvis (deleted)

Being a new to the Eribafolk forum I am reading all sorts of posts to feed my interest.

The post discussing chandeliers made me chuckle - I have the vision of Grandad and Del Boy from Only Fools and Horses being employed to change the awning light for some magnificent chandelier.

Randa france and mr_underhill like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:28 pm
by Bryn | 994 Posts

I resemble that remark!!!!!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:04 pm
by T & C (deleted)

I've just fitted some LEDs and your spot on the bulkhead bolts do get in the way. Instead of cutting the bolts I have just left the bulbs resting against them - they seem to be working ok. However, I also fitted LEDs in the two spot lights and part of the reason for this was to stop them getting so hot. To my surprise the LEDs spot light bulbs also get hot (although not a hot as the tungsten type) should I expect this?

ERIBA Puck L 230 pushing a Citroen C4 Picasso
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:52 am
by Bryn | 994 Posts
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:44 pm
by sleeping dog (deleted)

Hi I have replaced the bulbs in my lights in my triton 420gt with led bulbs from Ultra LEDS which fit without any modification and give a great light and as they are led don't get hot like a normal bulb. Don't get the cool light bulbs as they have a bluish light the warm bulbs are the ones to go for. Check out the web site if it is of help. http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/g4-48-led-war...-360-lumen.html

Randa france, Ribski and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:00 pm
by hob (deleted)

Update to this topic back in 2014 I bought some led bulbs from
http://www.ultraleds.co.uk
And they worked and still are working very well in my Triton

Earlier this week I ordered some more identical ones to go in some other lights in the van
http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/g4-24-led-warm-white-ip67-waterproof-12v-ac-dc-180-lumen.html

What they sent me was a load of crap in plain white boxes with the name scrubbed out with a black felt tip marker
The first two I tried burned out in less than 5 min the next two I tried flickered so badly I had to turn them off

What really pee's me off is ever since then I have been recommending them to other members ............... hopefully this will set the record strait.

P1030703.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

The top box in the picture shows the original ones and the bottom box what they sent me this week

I have had to do a 20 mile round trip to get some ordinary G4 bulbs for my awning light and I'n not best pleased as you can imagine.

So if you buy bulbs from http://www.ultraleds.co.uk be prepared not to get what you ordered.

Forum moderator
Vauxhall Insignia Sri 1.8 petrol 2015 towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:26 pm
by sibillini | 236 Posts

Thanks for the warning Hob, I bought some of your original recommendation and they have been great.

Charlie

2002 Eriba Troll 540 (Elsie) + Honda CRV 2.2 diesel
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:51 pm
by highmiler | 367 Posts

The first time I ever stayed on campsites in Western France, this was in the sixties,we met lots of French families who were living on the sites during the summer season whilst they let their homes to holidaymakers.One of these Mamans showed us how to cook Moules Mariniers in our pressure cooker, one of that holidays revelations,my Mum used to bring tins of M&S Stewed Steak and Chicken Supreme, which was very good but the Moules were fantastic and so exotic.In those days we were campers, hiring our tents from Townsend Thoresen who ran the ferries.

At this particular site was a mens urinal, up against the wall of the communal all sexes washroom,around it was a waist high wall. I remember a little English girl from two caravans up walking passed, only the top half of my Dad was visible,and calling over , "Hello Uncle Bill, are you filling up your kettle?' and he replied "No I'm emptying it!"

At one of these sites we saw a huge family arrive in a meubling removal van, which looked as if they had brought all their home furniture, and proceeded to holiday in that. Camping families also had fridges with them, canaries and rabbits in hutches,some had small portable fences with plastic flowerbeds, TV's and fluorescent blue lights to attract and zap the flies, it was fascinating to me as to date all the camping I had done was in the scouts, cooking on open fires, with wet pits etc.

When we arrived at a new site it was my brothers job to check out the loos and washing facilities, he would rush back and advise us they were all squattez -vous, as he called them.Some of the sites on the cote d'Azur had a bank H Van Citroen that came round each morning.I also remember a fishmonger hawking round "Pulpo, Pulpo" octopus, he would cut the beak off and whack out the ink manually on his builders wheelbarrow, we also learned how to cook that.

Very happy days, I still think that no other country does camping like the French.

Highmiler.

Highmiler
Ribski and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:54 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

I replaced my halogen bulbs with these and found them to excellent;
http://www.ledbulbs4u.co.uk/product/g4-6smd-horizontal/

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:22 pm
by Williebraveheart | 351 Posts

Apologies if it has been covered before but I am trying to remove a washroom light in my Triton in order to replace the bulb. I have read the handbook about pressing the lense next to the lugs but cannot get any purchase to pull as stated. Anybody completed this task?

Stewart

Last edited Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:23 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 46 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3