Wanted caravan winch

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:19 pm
by Ralph79 | 162 Posts

So following on from another thread, I am looking for one of these

f12t606326p55317n2_OhdeDtLq.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Just in case anyone has one lying around.

Thanks

Ralph

Scroll up

RE: Wanted caravan winch

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:54 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

I'm guessing these may be for pulling a power boat out of the water onto a trailer, so the webbing may not be long enough for you.

what about this sort of thing

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Generic-TRAILER...oat++hand+winch

Still not used the Puck 120 GT yet

Last edited Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:57 pm | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:07 pm
by Ralph79 | 162 Posts

Well I only need about 5/6 meters of line, just to get the wheels over a short slope immediately in front of the garage....the important bit is the plate with the ball to fit onto the caravan hitch.

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:47 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/car-part-acces...late/1284666043

Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dutton-WB1400...bQAAOSweyNZi3rj

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ball-mounted-ha...h/dp/B0077PEX1I

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Still not used the Puck 120 GT yet

Ralph79 likes this post!
Last edited Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:01 pm | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:08 pm
by Arthur Newnham (deleted)
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

We use a Dutton winch the same as
Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dutton-WB1400...l-/272798556584
it has about 10 metres of steel cable, we used ours to pull a familia easily up an 11 degree incline.
Art.

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Randa france and Ralph79 like this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:27 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Ralph,
from memory the load rating on the winches is for lifting. As you want to pull you are looking at something rated at about 1/4 to 1/3 of your Pucks weight. As such anything over 250kg should do the job.
You do not need a plate with the tow ball on but you do need a 4"x3"x18" length of angle iron bolted to the floor to fix the winch to.
A length of cycle inner tube wrapped around the vans axle is also useful if you have to use a steel cable.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.
Randa france and Ralph79 like this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:58 pm
by Ralph79 | 162 Posts

Hi Colin
Yes it is true that the tow ball plate is not entirely necessary, however it does provide quite a neat solution without having to crawl on the floor to get to the axle.
Also my engineer friend is going to install a relatively small, weight rated, plate and eye that will be chem bolted to the concrete garage floor for the winch to hook on. I am reliably informed it will take considerably more than the weight of a puck to shift it and will be relatively unobtrusive.

However it is inevitable that I will still manage to trip over it!!

Ralph

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:31 pm
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

Stand a bucket over it, then when you see it you will wonder what it's there for....and kick the bucket ! ( couldn't resist it :) )

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:15 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Ralph.... what’s ‘chem bolted’?

Troll 540GT (2013) gently nudging up against Galaxy.
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:33 pm
by Ralph79 | 162 Posts

That's what I said when he told me....its a chemical fixing bolt used for extra strength. It uses some sort of resin to secure the bolt to the concrete of the floor. Apparently its what they use to anchor robots in factories.

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:56 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Frantone wrote in post #9
As Ralph said, it's two-part resin which anchors a bolt or a threaded stud into an hole.

It mixes in the correct ratio as it's expelled from the tube, so you squidge some into the hole, insert the fixing, wiggle it round gently make sure any air pockets are removed, go away and make a brew and Robert's your mother's brother.

Among other things I've used it to secure an articulated telly arm to a plasterboard and lightweight block wall which wouldn't have taken any other kind of fixing - with the weight and leverage involved it would have pulled expanding bolts or plugs straight out, and cavity toggles were nowhere near man enough. Drilled six holes and chemfixed six threaded studs in place to take the nuts to hold the back plate.

It's the mutt's testicles and no mistake. Just make sure you get the stuff which can be used later if you need less than a whole tube, otherwise it goes off in the nozzle and that's that.

And be absolutely sure that whatever fixing you're using is in exactly the right place before the resin sets, because adjusting it later will require the use of a JCB or a small drot.

Last edited Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:07 pm | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:07 pm
by Ralph79 | 162 Posts

That's the ones....probably overkill for my little puck, but that's engineers for you and he can get them for free!

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:22 pm
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

Quote: Pepé Le Pew wrote in post #11
Quote: Frantone wrote in post #9
As Ralph said, it's two-part resin which anchors a bolt or a threaded stud into an hole.

It mixes in the correct ratio as it's expelled from the tube, so you squidge some into the hole, insert the fixing, wiggle it round gently make sure any air pockets are removed, go away and make a brew and Robert's your mother's brother.........................................
And be absolutely sure that whatever fixing you're using is in exactly the right place before the resin sets, because adjusting it later will require the use of a JCB or a small drot..

That's what I was about to say. Don't go away for a brew before you straighten the stud up after wiggling

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:22 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Thank you gentlemen. Very clear......apart from ‘drot’!

Troll 540GT (2013) gently nudging up against Galaxy.
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:45 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Frantone wrote in post #14
Thank you gentlemen. Very clear......apart from ‘drot’!
Should have had another t on the end.

Drott.

Sorry about thatt.

Drott is a company that makes (or used to make) bulldozers, so it's the same kind of brand name replacing the generic term as JCB.

Clearly Drott weren't as successful as JCB, because if they were you'd probably have known what one was and I'd have known how to spell it properly.

Last edited Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:47 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2