RE: AL Caravan Cover and fitting it.

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:57 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Bob

There are various techniques mentioned on the forum for emptying the taps fully.

Colin always leaves his taps open on the last drive home of the season to shake any water out. I have been meaning to try this for a couple of seasons but keep forgetting until I get home.........................

I used the balloon technique over the end of the taps to blow out any excess water. I then wrap the taps in old hiking socks and various bubble wrap. Then we wrap the pipes under the sinks in old towels and some more bubble wrap.

If you have the hot water boiler make sure that you empty that fully.

I don't jack up the van but put it on the raised plastic ramps that lift it off the floor - can't remember the make as they are in the shed but they weren't dear and seemed to do the job.

Our neighbour has a little oil filled radiator in his WWB for when it gets really cold but I decided not to bother.

Good luck

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:26 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Bob,
as Mike has said above I leave my taps and valves all open for the last drive home. I've also fitted an isolation switch to the pump so I can leave them like this over winter whilst the electrics are still on for lights etc.
I'm lucky in that I can garage store my van when not in use. Over winter it still gets a cover on it and I have until last year jacked it up onto axle stands. Last year I tried a pair of Fiamma tyre savers and they seemed to do the job.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:30 am
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

When we got our Eriba, I found it almost impossible to fit the cover due to our very narrow drive. We need to be fairly close to one wall in order to be able to open the door on the other side. So I took the drastic step of chopping it up into 6 separate panels, which enables me to fit the cover single handed if needed. I believe the Eriba cover is a similar system.

Also enables you to roll up the front and back panels to get some light and air the van without taking the cover off again.

30.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 38 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105785 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2