New Familia 310 bed mattress

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 03, 2018 10:44 am
by Wallace (deleted)

Hi I recently purchased a 2018 Familia 310 with the fixed bed. I know from the spec that it is a spring bed however still find it a little on the hard side. We have put 2 single duvalay toppers down on top of the eriba mattress which is a little better. Just wondered if anyone else has the same problem and what they did to make it more comfortable thanks.

David

likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: New Familia 310 bed mattress

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 03, 2018 11:12 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

David,
we have had sprung dinette made up permanently, fixed bed sprung, fixed bed foam and we have always used a 50mm foam mattress topper over each set-up. We bought from IKEA and have found this set-up very comfortable. This is similar to what we bought many years ago:- https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/matt...e-art-30298202/
I would advise you do not get a memory foam topper as these can be very warm, especially if abroad in the summer.
You will need to take the topper out of its cover and trim a radius on two of the corners to get a better fit at the rear of the van.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 03, 2018 11:22 am
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Mattress comfort is a very subjective thing.

I've never been sure, from the Eriba price list wording, whether they do a foam mattress as standard spec for the transverse bed or if internally sprung mattresses are the only option?

I would've thought the only options are to get a mattress that you feel would be comfortable made for you as a replacement, though that's expensive and you've no guarantee it will suit any better.

Toppers can be found in a number of depths, but again, no guarantee they'll do the trick, whichever thickness or brand you go for.

I hate the soft top layers on our mattress at home but I lived with it for 8 years now. I sleep much better on the harder spare room bed.

'I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon
but to settle down and write you a line.'

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini being dragged by nothing at all
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 03, 2018 11:41 am
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #2
This is similar to what we bought many years ago:- https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/matt...e-art-30298202/
Colin

In typical IKEA style, they even tell you the weight, though for some reason the double and king-size are both said to weigh the same, which surely can't be the case. The description of the cover sounds suspect too. Who would want the cover to move with you? Turn over a few times and it would have you in a half nelson Surely they mean the cover stays put when you move.

'I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon
but to settle down and write you a line.'

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini being dragged by nothing at all

Last edited Thu May 03, 2018 11:41 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 03, 2018 11:54 am
by Wallace (deleted)

Thanks for the advice folks I'm first going to try putting another duvalay on top of the present one as I have a spare before I spend more money although the IKEA topper does look nice and soft.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 04, 2018 7:00 am
by rambling robin (deleted)

Had exactly the same problem with our sprung mattresses.

In the end I contacted Duvalay about their then new Freshtec Foam
https://www.duvalay.co.uk/blog/introduci...oncept-freshtec

They cut down 2 standard size 5cm toppers to fit my dimensions - as long as the shape was within the original size they cut to pattern at no charge.

We used them for 3 weeks last year and they were fine - no heat kick back, the supplied zip on covers a very good, and we even got a couple of nice purple bags for storage. In the end I made up some shaped bits to go round the corners at the end - using the offcuts from the original which we asked them to send.

I cannot recommend Duvalay highly enough - excellent service.

Neurotic Kia Sportage trundling MegaPuck 410
Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 06, 2019 7:55 am
by Richard Bale (deleted)

yes, i also faced the same problem.
So i changed it with a new mattress which I bought from https://www.reecoupons.com/view/nest-bedding
You can also try it, it is really comfortable piece.

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3