Eriba spotted in Ireland

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 03, 2018 10:47 pm
by marmite | 400 Posts

Spotted on M11 heading south near Arklow on Tuesday lunchtime,we were so stunned to see an Eriba in Ireland we didn't get any idea of reg but it looked like a Triton, we were returning from a family wedding was it anyone from here?

Denise & Phil

Scroll up

RE: Eriba spotted in Ireland

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 04, 2018 2:40 pm
by addisb | 169 Posts

Hi Denise and Phil,
Not I. But I see an Eriba in Ireland almost every day ! My one !
And yes, they are rather stunning !

marmite likes this post!
Last edited Fri May 04, 2018 2:41 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 26, 2018 10:41 pm
by Kate (deleted)

Hi Denise and Phil,
I have just seen your post. it was not I either. I own an Eriba 552GT Touring living in Tipperary. She originally hailed from the UK but is resident in Ireland for the past 8 years. She is amazing!
Kate.

marmite likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:42 pm
by venus1978 (deleted)

Not us either we have a 418 in Northern Ireland

marmite likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:41 pm
by marmite | 400 Posts

418's are great so versatile and so rare. We're off in ours next week, living as we do in the Derbyshire Dales we're going to the coast - somewhere

Denise & Phil
and Marmite Triton 418

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:55 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

Quote: Kate wrote in post #3
I own an Eriba 552GT Touring living in Tipperary. She originally hailed from the UK but is resident in Ireland for the past 8 years. She is amazing! Kate.
If you bought it from the dealer in Hull then I guess it could be our 2005 552 which we part exed for a 540 8 or 9 years ago. It's unique in that I did some modifications to the backs of the side seats to make them more comfortable, and a few other improvements, too.
If it is yours, Kate, I hope you're enjoying it, (and looking after it as well as we did)

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:43 pm
by LES (deleted)

I guess Dawn & I have joined an increasing number of Eriba owners living in Ireland. We have a 94 Triton 420 and a 1.5 Diesel Renault Captur, as new caravaners our first tow was from South Norwich to Co Antrim N.Ireland....a fair wee jaunt as they say round here. Confidence gained and just waiting for the teaching year to end to make a more gentle run to Fermanagh lakes to explore, especially the restaurants as we both love good food and wine.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:18 am
by fishcultureman (deleted)

Certainly in N. Ireland, I have only ever seen 2 other Eriba owners (outside of ourselves) at campsites here - at Benone and Castleward btw.
However, I reckon the owner might be the brother in law of a fella I work with. Like us, they have recently acquired an Eriba, and have certainly pitched at Roundwood Caravan site in Co. Wicklow. Also pretty sure it is a Triton they own.The plot thickens!

Last edited Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:18 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:51 am
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

Zitat
Quote Fishcultureman:- Certainly in N. Ireland, I have only ever seen 2 other Eriba owners (outside of ourselves) at campsites here - at Benone and Castleward btw.

Do you have any recommendations for a campsite in NI that is suitable to visit both Belfast and the Giant's Causeway? Also anything in Co. Sligo?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:07 pm
by LES (deleted)

https://www.ballynesscaravanpark.com/ Handy for Causeway coast as is Cushendall Ballycastle and Portrush also Deighans of Benone.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:20 pm
by LES (deleted)

We loved the lakes around Enniskillen and stayed at Drumhoney holiday park. If your travelling a little further Rossguil site in Donegal is remote and beautiful with virtually a private beach for users. We spent 3 days visiting around the wee roads, pubs and small unspoiled beaches in the costal area. The drive up to Rosguill is interesting and roads are narrow but worth the experience.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:30 pm

Thanks Les. The trouble is that although impossible, we are trying to visit the whole of Ireland within a 3 week timescale. Therefore we can only get a flavour of the north and the south.
We have more or less sorted our route but, wishing to avoid Derry (Londonderry) because of its current problems we want to do Belfast and Giant's Causeway hopefully from one campsite as the two are only about 60 miles apart, before heading back south to Dublin.

We are currently looking at 6 Mile Water Caravan Park near Antrim.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

and addisb like this post!
Last edited Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:34 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:41 pm
by addisb | 169 Posts

Well hello Randa Planning a visit to Ireland eh? Route in the planning..? Remember it ain't a long way to Tipperary And whilst there Tipperary Camping is a top class Site.
When ?
Also, Eagle Point in West Cork is a must! We would love to meet up with ye for a couple of days if that were at all possible.
Best Regards,
Chris + Joan

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:04 pm
by fishcultureman (deleted)

Hi. Personally, for visiting the Giants Causeway, I would go for staying at the Benone Tourist Complex campsite. Its next door to Deighans (as suggested by Les), but in my opinion is much nicer as it has no statics. Its also a council run site.Takes about 1hr 40 mins from Belfast to reach both Deighans and Benone Tourist campsite.
Apart from that, for visiting Belfast, you might want to consider Dundonald touring caravan Park in Belfast itself. Its another council ran campsite that's about 2 mile -3 miles from the city centre.
For Sligo, I cannot recommend anything in the county itself, as we have not pitched or hitched anywhere there. However! 'Rushin House' just across the Border from Sligo, I can recommend. Its on the shores of Lovely Upper Lough Macnean near Belcoo Co. Ferrmanagh. Its also a short drive to Sligo town.

Randa france and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:38 am

Quote: addisb wrote in post #13
Well hello Randa Planning a visit to Ireland eh? Route in the planning..? Remember it ain't a long way to Tipperary And whilst there Tipperary Camping is a top class Site.
When ? Also, Eagle Point in West Cork is a must! We would love to meet up with ye for a couple of days if that were at all possible.
Best Regards,
Chris + Joan

Well, it's a long story. A couple of months ago whilst in France we met up with an absolutely charming Irish couple and he especially, should be working for the Irish Tourist Board. He certainly did have the "blarney" and even gave me his Irish Tricolour Flag, at the same time pointing out its significance.
We ended up promising to visit their country one day so we decided to strike whilst the iron was hot and took advantage of Irish Ferries offer of a 25% discount on all sailings from our lovely country to theirs. To be sure.........

R and A

highmiler likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2