Campingaz on the continent

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:23 am
by Graham (deleted)

Have a 2018 troll with 2 propane bottles and 30 mbar bulkhead mounted regulator. When we go to the continent I am thinking of buying the largest Campingaz bottle for when the calor runs out. This will be butane gas. I have checked the gas appliances and all seem to be able to run on butane and propane ok.
What is the best way to modify the gas supply system in the van so that I can use the Campinggaz bottle with its different regulator.
Alternatively is there a better solution for a gas supply after the British calor gas has run out?
Cheers

Scroll up

RE: Campingaz on the continent

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:07 am
by Derekcbr (deleted)

The only difference between propane and butane is the colour of the bottle! All the gas appliances will run ok on either. The main advantage,though, is that one will not freeze or rather have a much lower freezing point and burn at a higher temperature. If you want to use campinggaz you can buy an adaptor that fits directly on the bottle and no need to do any alterations/modifications to the gas supply.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:51 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

If you are going to the continent, will you be using ACSI sites? If so, EHU is included in the price so it makes sense to use electricity for cooking, refrigeration and heating keeping gas as emergency backup.

We've been doing that for seven years and are still on our original Calorlite propane bottle. We also carry a CampinGaz 907 bottle to use with the Cadac which we can easily replace as necessary.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:35 am
by Graham (deleted)

Hi folks. I didn't realize it was that easy to adapt and yes AS I for me
Thanks

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:08 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #3
If you are going to the continent, will you be using ACSI sites? If so, EHU is included in the price so it makes sense to use electricity for cooking, refrigeration and heating keeping gas as emergency backup.

We've been doing that for seven years and are still on our original Calorlite propane bottle. We also carry a CampinGaz 907 bottle to use with the Cadac which we can easily replace as necessary.

We returned from France last month having spent 10 weeks on ACSI sites. Bought a new Propane bottle prior to leaving UK, never used it !

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Aaron Calder likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:45 pm
by Malcolm Harle (deleted)

We use a French propane bottle - 5kg elfi / Antargaz. From recollection, it was purchased at Intermarche. They also had regulators. We found you needed propane from about the beginning of September. Found one bottle lasted us the 4 week holiday with spare for the return journey.

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3