Improving my Puck GT

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:02 am
by Banyulsman (deleted)

We've just returned from a 3000km road trip. Ever since we bought the Puck we've lived with one or two of the annoying features. Now I'm resolved to do something about them.

First problem is the water supply. There is provision for an inboard tank with a submerged pump. It lives tucked under the sink unit and refilling it is a real pain. In Canada we had a camper van with a similar set up. But it had a purpose built tank complete with overflow which could be filled from inside via a plug hole. Has anybody else experienced the same problem? We'd be quite happy to go back to the old fashioned way of dong things with an external tank.

This is the only caravan that we've owned where the table does not slot in between the seats to form a bed base. Instead the underside of the seat cushions is made of plywood and rest on a couple of removable round wooden supports. This is far too flimsy and we've already added a reinforced base and a third support at the end. This solves the problems due to lack of rigidity. But then we have to stow the table somewhere!

The car to van cable has always been too long. This time I got it wrong and it trailed on the ground with disastrous consequences. So we spent an interesting couple of hours making a temporary repair using the tools to hand. Now I have to make a permanent repair.

Banyulsman

Last edited Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:03 am | Scroll up

RE: Improving my Puck GT

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:05 am
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Production of Pucks stopped in 2009/10 but the standard fresh water system on Eriba Tourings is still a water container under the sink (and under the washroom basin if the model has a washroom). There is a cost option to have an external water inlet and associated piping fitted and another to have an externally filled internal tank.

On some models the unused table can be slid under the bed but otherwise we slid it under the back of the van, having purchased a bag big enough for the table to avoid damaging it on gravel etc. Mainly we slept with our vans configured with single beds and left the table in place between the beds.

Having dragged our cable once it had a temporary repair by Green Flag and I got our local caravan dealer to fit a new length from a junction box under the front of the van. The way to ensure the cable doesn't drag is to put two twists into it before fitting the plug to the car socket. I was disbelieving when told of this solution but it actually works a treat.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years
North Staffordshire 9 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:49 am
by granddadgrape | 1.560 Posts

Hello and to Eribafolk.

We use a watering can to fill the tank under the sink.

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:52 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:39 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

Quote: Banyulsman wrote in post #1
Now I have to make a permanent repair.
This may be of interest

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:42 am
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

I have a piece of rope looped under the cable . I tie it to the jockey wheel handle so it can't slip down and make sure there is free movement on corners. You can put a permanent loop at one end of the rope to make it simpler to tie.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 28 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2