RE: Various gas & electrical mods

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:56 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Part 2

A couple more pieces of electrickery before putting the van into storage tomorrow...

1. Replace the recently installed awning LED dimmer switch with a hidden wireless unit so that I don't have to get off my lazy backside when chilling out with a cold beer

20181113_132606131_iOS.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

2. Move the switch for the front corner lights to the kitchen side of the entrance door (where the awning LED dimmer used to be)

20181113_132546467_iOS.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

3. Move the 12V master switch from the side of the wardrobe to the dinette side of the entrance door (where the light switch used to be). This is a much more sensible location, especially when pitching the van in the dark! Eventually I'll convert this to a double unit and add the master switch for a motor-mover

20181113_132535170_iOS.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

The space where the 12V master used to be located (middle of the 3 switches) will be filled next year when I upgrade the gas heater to Ultraheat...

20181113_132641423_iOS.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

This was quite a difficult job to tackle as there is hardly any room to thread new cables behind the overhead lockers and required some dismantling of the units and subsequent reassembly

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:17 pm
by Randa france | 12.861 Posts

Your first item looks like Pepe le Pew's pet spider.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:18 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:58 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #17
Your first item looks like Pepe le Pew's pet spider.

Randa

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:45 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

Robin,
you mention in #16 difficulty in getting wires above top lockers. When I fed a tv cable and 12v feed from the wardrobe area of my 430 to the opposite top back corner I used the snap on cover strip to a piece of 15mm wide U shaped electrical conduit to feed the wires into the top corners of the van where I had unscrewed the blanking panels inside the lockers. this worked a treat.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:24 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Yes Colin, I did something similar to feed a cable from the wardrobe area to the entrance door. However, this is not possible when trying to route a cable from one side of the door to the other as there is no gap between the ceiling trim and door frame in this area. There is a curved glossy trim above the door which the cable can go behind but the exit is several inches inboard of the locker roof above the sink which means the only method is to remove the locker side to access the cavity.

Here is a photo of the glossy trim from the other end above the front dinette -

5EBAC2CD-66C9-422A-86C6-E7BFCAC5DD87.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

The photo was taken blind, ie: by putting my phone camera behind the blanking panel in the corner since it is not possible to get my head inside the locker!

Feeding the cable behind here was also done without being able to see what I was doing, not easy and it took several attempts; the trim cannot be removed because it is trapped behind the lockers at both ends! Bloody Germans...

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 50 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12512 topics and 105579 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0