RE: Eriba recall

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:24 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

And disturbing a perfectly good sealing set of windows could lead to them not sealing properly in future. Surely it would be better to instruct dealers to inspect and replace where necessary, advising the dealers what to look out for on defective installations.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years
North Staffordshire 9 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:07 pm
by Harry m (deleted)

But on the other hand a good set of window seals now may not be a good set in a couple of years time.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:46 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.296 Posts

If you refuse the recall and then later have a problem then your stuffed. If you have the recall done and then have a problem then Hymer are stuffed.
I know which situation I would prefer to be in, despite any short term inconvenience.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Pepé Le Pew, , , Keith and Sue, , Eribanut and like this post!
Last edited Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:46 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:59 pm
by Adventure Ted (deleted)

What an absolute bugger. I bought my 535GT thinking it was the best I could afford. Disappointing that it has now been recalled for this issue. Guess it's good of Hymer but I would have rather their QC picked this up much earlier. Now I have the I convince of having to take mine in and waiting for it to be sorted out. Guess it's a day out of my like I could have done without though.

7 Continents ticked - now more around home with him in his van with a van.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:43 am
by Belper nailer (deleted)

This is what concerns me if the seals are fine why change them seems a bit sledgehammer to crack a nut to me

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:51 pm
by Tin Head | 49 Posts

When checking with the dealer recently I was told our six month old Troll was not part of the water leak seal recall and I had nothing to worry about.
Today after heavy rain I checked ‘ Bluebell ‘ who is parked on our drive and the end rear window is leaking water , now I am worried and will again get back in touch with Automotive Leisure to see what they say. There have been other issues ie locker screws, bathroom door fitment same as everyone , but water leaks ! ! that I don’t like , but It is still the best thing we have done moving over from the dark side of Motorhoming
Interested to here if anyone else has been told all ok but now having leaks.

We have just had an update from Automotive Leisure and they have also contacted Hymer , as it should not happen as ours was not involved in the recall and were very helpful and concerned.
We have a service booked in the spring with them when it is a year old and it will be taken care of then but will keep an eye on it .

Martin & Jackie, Mercedes E280 Saloon with our 542GT 60th Edition ( Bluebell )

and Terryc like this post!
Last edited Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:22 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:21 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Booked my 2018 model 540GT into AL (bought end of 2017) in for it's first service and water ingress check as required by the warranty and they've confirmed it's part of the recall. Doh!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:12 pm
by Harry m (deleted)

We have just had a phone call from Lowdhams the seals have come we need to arrange to have them fitted probably take it in this Saturday, will report back once the job is done

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:21 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:57 pm
by Jacol (deleted)

Booked in to Adventure Leisure Mid November. The recall letter went to previous owner who sent it on to us.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:47 pm
by RobbieGill (deleted)

Got a 2017 with three defective windows seals that leaked a fair bit. Awaiting parts at present. Was quite damp on its first inspection.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:58 pm
by Belpernailer boy (deleted)

Hi just took mine to Lodhams sat Lets hope the jobs done well ..........phil.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:55 pm
by boxer (deleted)

I was contacted a few weeks ago by Adventure Leisure re seals on my Triton 430. The work was done last week along with a few minor snags. Dropped off at 9 am and picked up at 3.0pm, job done and van washed. Although the van did not show any sign of water ingress they say that Hymer insist on the work being done. It must be costing Hymer a fair amount. Nice to see a company being cautious regarding quality issues.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:30 am
by Harry m (deleted)

Took ours in yesterday Lowdhams Huddersfield pick it up next week, do the new seals look any different?

Last edited Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:23 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:31 am
by boxer (deleted)

I don't see any difference. I think it was more to do with not being fitted properly at the factory.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:58 am
by Randa france | 12.859 Posts

That sounds like they don't always change them then, just examine them?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 11 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12512 topics and 105566 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2