RE: Eriba recall

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:04 pm
by boxer (deleted)

The guy at Adventure Leisure told me they have been instructed by Hymer to change all seals regardless. He also said he hasn't seen any existing seals that had a problem.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:19 pm
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

Quote: boxer wrote in post #61
The guy at Adventure Leisure told me they have been instructed by Hymer to change all seals regardless. He also said he hasn't seen any existing seals that had a problem.

That's a Big Call. Is that the instruction that Al have had as well?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:00 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

I don't think so. Al have assured us (twice) that our Troll (registered May 2018) is not on the list for recall.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:12 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #62
That's a Big Call.
Not really. If a manufacturer issues a recall to a particular batch of something, they won't bugger about checking whether each unit is actually affected. It isn't cost effective.

Apart from anything else, if you've got to take it to bits to check, it makes much more sense to do the modification while you're there.

And if you're the subject of a recall like this it makes no sense to ignore it because you think the seals look okay yourself.

As Mr Motters said earlier, if you ignore the recall and it springs a leak it's your look out.

If it leaks after you've taken it in for the dealer to change the seals, it's Hymer's.

That's a much better position to be in.

likes this post!
Last edited Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:14 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:06 pm
by Harry m (deleted)

Glad to report seals changed all looks well now back home getting laid up for the winter

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 10 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105675 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1