RE: Facebook v Forum

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:01 pm
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

Go on Randa go for the jugular !! :)

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:52 pm
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

Quote: mr_underhill wrote in post #31
Go on Randa go for the jugular !! :)

juggler.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
mr_underhill likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:38 am
by rambling robin (deleted)

It is rather odd that folks are concerned about their friends reading posts - but are quite happy that they will be read by complete strangers............?

Neurotic Kia Sportage trundling MegaPuck 410
Randa france and mr_underhill like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:35 am
by davethebeard (deleted)

I am in the library at present, so can contribute to this discussion, but if I was at home, and on my laptop, and wrote the word "facebook" my machine would promptly close down, crash, go of on a tangent, catch a virus (have you had your flu-jab yet) or summat like that. I therefore avoid "it" and use the Forum. Queries have been answered, phone-numbers provided and I don't have to become friends with anyone unless they appear reasonably trustworthy. I like this "place"!
Dave

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:03 pm
by Eribacamper | 111 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #30
Yes and I've had a belly full of it. Yet again another NEW member, only been on there for 6 days is trying to dictate to us how we should operate our group. I'm not having it.

Randa

Crickey Randa! I thought you were like my dog. Not a bad bone in it's body.

Deb & SteveH. Toyota Hilux and Winnie the Troll 550

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:04 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:40 pm
by Bryn | 993 Posts

dont use facebook, dont want facebook and never will have facebook so there and strangers are only friends you havent met yet

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:59 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

I should tell the cheeky sod to go forth and multiply, Roger.

I'd be happy to do it for you only I have absolutely nothing to do with Facebook as a matter of principle.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:08 am
by cabbie37 | 644 Posts

If it is of any interest, here are the stats on age ranges of Facebook Users in the UK. Despite what some people might think, it's not all teenagers that use it, most of them decamped to Snapchat and Instagram (as well as others) years ago...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/5074...gender-and-age/

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:58 am
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

I use Facebook to catch up with old friends and I communicate via the messenger facility, however I very rarely make any comments on FB itself ..

I find that there are too many Trolls on the Eriba FB ....... and Familias and Pucks...

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:35 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:43 am
by rambling robin (deleted)

FB and this forum provide very different functions - a bit like the difference between a formal meeting and a chat by the chemical waste point.

If you want or need a protracted discussion about things technical then this is the place because that is one of the strengths of the way a forum system operates.
It is possible (not always easy) to search for stuff and actually find it which with FB is next to impossible.
It is easy to track threads.
It is practically impossible to use this forum on a small screen mobile phone as it does not scale properly.

FB in itself is not evil - there are some odd folks out there, but you set your profile to hide everything, don't provide any personal data, don't accept 'friend' requests and it is just as easy as the forum.
It's a fun way to see what others are up to and chip in as and when.
It is easy to use on a mobile. OK many folks do take laptops and tablets but for those of us who don't then mobile is the common denominator.
If you are daft enough to post that you're having a great time in Inverendoftheworld, provide a pic of your van and number-plate and wish everyone at home on Acacia Avenue Dulltown PC1 1XX a happy Xmas we'll be back in 2 weeks - then don't be surprised if you find you've been burgled!

I get that folks are concerned that it is publicly readable and some seem incensed - or at least annoyed - that they may have to modify their posting accordingly. In theory there is nothing wrong with expressing those concerns, but at a general level folks are so quick to reach for the pitchforks and torches these days - usually through and as a result of 'Soshul Meeja' of which FB is a part - that it becomes hard to distinguish reason from noise.

Just my 1/2 Np worth

Neurotic Kia Sportage trundling MegaPuck 410
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:51 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

Don't have a problem with scaling on my smart phone and regularly use it to post comments (as now) and to do forum admin.

Please add piano wire to the pitchforks etc list.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105771 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3