Shower head hook

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:58 pm
by robert wilson (deleted)

We have a Triton 420 GT which has a hot water shower which we use. I know this is frowned upon in certain circles but if you have a facility why not use it is our motto. The thing is the shower consists of a detachable basin tap and there is no hook to attach the tap which means the whole business is a bit hit and miss.More miss than hit really. Are there any members who have devised a jury rig to make the operation more satisfactory ?

Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Shower head hook

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:04 pm
by Suzywong (deleted)

Hi Robert, We bought a Troll 540 in June, with hot water, I’ve done the dishes, so far and washed hands, but I’m curious as to how long the shower will run warm water before it runs cold.
Sorry this is off topic, but you’re a first for me for saying you use the shower.

Sue

Troll 540 pushing Mazda CX-5
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:34 pm

Sue, I get 5 litres boiling hot water which I mix with cold. That gives me about 2/3 minutes which I find is adequate to feel like you have had a proper wash. I have two solar panels on my roof and these provide one lot of hot water per day plus the lights for the evening during the summer months I like to camp off grid hence the need to use the shower.

and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:45 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

Quote: robert wilson wrote in post #1
We have a Triton 420 GT which has a hot water shower which we use. I know this is frowned upon in certain circles

The concern is that as the Eriba washroom is in no way sealed, water will inevitably enter the structure with potentially disastrous effects.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Pepé Le Pew and highmiler like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:31 pm

Hmm, Aaron (I hope you are okay if I call you by your first name ?) if the area is not designed to be used as a shower the question to be answered is why do Hymer provide a shower facility? I wonder if there is a disclaimer in the manual. If there is not and one showers responsibility and rot results could you not hold Hymer responsible ? Robert

Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:39 pm

I've never understood the Eriba 'shower' business as we get lots of people on here who are quite obsessive about having their vans checked for penetrating damp at their annual service while others don't seem concerned about spraying gallons of water around an unsealed interior compartment.

Furthermore, I have met very few owners of WWBs with state of the art shower compartments who actually use them for their intended purpose, hence the morning queues at many campsites during busy periods.

Forum Administrator
Pepé Le Pew likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:18 pm
by Blueyonder (deleted)

I seem to recall seeing words like 'emergency' and 'occasional' in the Hymer literature re the shower. It's the same with wind out awnings, the small print will state that they are 'sun shades'. You can buy front and side panels for them to make a full awning, but they call them 'privacy rooms'. You can also buy storm straps but any damage due to inclement weather and they will rely on their main disclaimer.

I am too tall to use our Troll shower anyway but I definitely wouldn't want to be relying on Hymer to do anything if I did use it and had water ingress problems as a result. If I absolutely had to shower, I'd do it in a swimsuit outside with the shower head out the bathroom window. If off grid was something we did often, we'd either accept the lack of luxury like we did in our VW T5 camper or we'd have bought a completely different rig.

2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE pulling a silver 2018 Troll 535 GT
Pepé Le Pew, eribanaut and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:14 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

I wouldn't dream of spraying water round the bathroom. You can get those dinky shower tents and use a solar shower.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:32 pm
by Kam | 139 Posts

I just use a pop up shower tent and hozelock porta shower. Easy and effective.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:23 pm

Well , there we go . I must say it surprises me that so many of us decline to use the built in shower facility, but of course I must accept the possibility that you may just be right.I have noticed a characteristic in my self which is that I think I know best . Unfortunately this is not always the case . Last month I purchased a new car which has the facility of automatic lights .This is new to me. Well I wasn't having anything to do with it and decided I knew best when to put my lights on and off and therefore turned the facility off. Within two days I had to call out RAC for a home recovery. Dead battery caused by me failing to turn the lights off when I parked the car last night . All caused by my deluded opinion that I knew best. Such is life in your later years !

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:30 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

Hi Robert,
nothing knowall in your post. You thought about it, asked the question and have a selection of answers to ponder.

I don't have the facility, but have had other caravans and used the shower when camping off grid. It always involved an awful lot of drying out afterwards.

Being a contrary old git, I would take up the challenge and investigate making the toilet/shower room more suitable for purpose.. It might not be possible in the long run but it's amazing what you can do with a mastic gun

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:35 pm

As ever, we should add that it's your Eriba to enjoy exactly as you feel fit.

There are very few rights and wrongs, just opinions and yours is just as valid as anyone else's.

Great response, by the way.

Forum Administrator
eribanaut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:44 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Probably the best place to mount a hook for the shower head is on the awning rail just outside the bathroom window.

Probably...

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:43 pm
by Blueyonder (deleted)

Since Frantone enlightened me on the ‘turn your Eriba bathroom into a clothes drying room’ there are days when we can’t even use the loo!!

2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE pulling a silver 2018 Troll 535 GT

Julie Grafo likes this post!
Last edited Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:43 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:57 pm
by Eribees (deleted)

Enjoying this post enormously. Admire your ability to shower in that small space which in our brand new Troll 540 (Esme) in addition to its primary use we regard as perfect for hand washing, cleaning teeth, drying hair, putting on make up and storing cleaning products. But I wish you could sit on the loo seat. Am trying to think of a way to make it stronger.

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 29 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105771 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1