Fog light and reversing light

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:29 pm
by Sashella (deleted)

Any advice appreciated. On collecting our 2015 Troll from AL the fog light (red) and reversing light (white) worked the opposite way. In other words when the fog light on the car was switched on, the reversing light on the van came on. When the car was in reverse, the fog light on the van came on. We have been to a reputable trailer centre who offers to fit a new module to the car but also said the wires 2 and 8 might be round the wrong way on the van. They said if we switched the wires over on the van ( 2 and 8) it could damage the new module on the car, but if we leave the van as it is, how will the new module work if the wires on the van are round the wrong way. I don’t really want to spend money only to find the problem is not solved. Thank you

Now have our 530 that pushes our Volvo
Scroll up

RE: Fog light and reversing light

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:46 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Sounds like AL have sold you a mainland Europe import that has not been correctly converted.In it's current state it has illegal lighting and should not be on the road. They have dropped a clanger.
It should have been a matter of swapping over the rear lenses and then accessing a usually square white electrics junction box under the rear seats/bed, or under the van floor to swap over the reversing and fog wires.
I would get them to sort it out, either by collecting the van or paying the bill for you to have it fixed locally.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
and Poptop320 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:52 pm
by Big Al | 223 Posts

AL should cover any fixes under their warranty. Just let them know and they will direct you to an authorised fixer. You won't need to go back but let them say who should fix it.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:51 am
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

We have the same issue, but as we spend the vast majority of our time on the continent we have let it as it is.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:04 am
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

The OP doesn't say if the lenses are fitted correctly ie is the clear reversing lens on the nearside and the red lens on the offside. If they are then somebody has swapped the lenses over on a Continental spec. van but hasn't swapped the electrical connections at the junction box. On the other hand, if the lenses are the wrong way round, then the electrics have been swapped but the lenses haven't.

For the avoidance of doubt, in the UK the red fog light should be on the offside corner to mark the corner nearest passing traffic and the clear reversing light should be on the nearside, illuminating kerbs.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years
North Staffordshire 9 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.

Steve and Debbie and like this post!
Last edited Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:05 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:31 pm
by Bryn | 993 Posts

it is amazing how may now have a centre fog though

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:26 pm

Are you perhaps confusing the 'high level brake light' with the 'high intensity poor visibility light'?

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.
and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:57 pm
by Sashella (deleted)

No. We aren’t confusing anything. Everything is where it should be. It seems the wires crossed. 😁

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:43 pm
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

I wonder how much use a reversing light on a caravan is? I wouldn't know as I don't have one. Our Eriba has been converted to two fog lights.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
and cruickie like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:03 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #9
I wonder how much use a reversing light on a caravan is?
It's to warn people that you are reversing, not to see by.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:08 pm
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

In that case they don't work on the car either I would have though a reversing squeeker would be more appropriate and I'd never reverse without my trusty assistant standing behind me giving directions.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:28 pm

It sounds to me that if the lenses are the right way round then the original converter forgot, or couldn't be bothered to switch the wiring. Presumably AL would've taken it on face value that as the lenses were right, it had been converted.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:16 pm
by Bryn | 993 Posts

The moral of this story, dont go backwards and dont drive in the fog, and the central fog lights are too low down to be brake lights

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:03 pm
by Sashella (deleted)

That’s a good idea! 😁

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:10 pm
by Pudelwagen (deleted)

It's a 10 minute job to swap the wires over. Just check the Eriba manual and standard tow plug wiring convention for details.

likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 51 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0