RE: Adding a freezer into the Eriba.

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:43 pm
by Randa france | 12.866 Posts

OK. Job almost done.

I decided to use 70mm x 18mm planed timber and because I wanted the raised bed to slide back and needed to get access into the existing lockers, I decided to make the framework in three pieces. It was also important to make it all free standing so as not to damage the exisitng fabric of the van. All framework is screwed and glued.

The first part of the framework is ladder shaped with legs to both floor and rear of locker tops.This remains in place throughout. I removed and stored the two hinged locker lids.

The second part of the framework to the doorside of the front dinette is designed so that it can retract and sit into the ladder framework to allow a single dinette seat. This framework we covered with matching upholstery material so that when the framework is retracted it can be used as a side shelf. (knitting etc). The long seat cushion remains in place under the framework when not used as a bed and is used as a single seat but also can be lifted out to gain access to the locker.

The third and smallest part of the framework sits in front of the washroom wall and can be retracted in the same way as framework two or can be lifted out to gain access to the locker. We are in the process of making and upholstering a single square seat cushion to sit under this framework to either use as a second narrow single seat or will plug the gap between locker top and framework.

The exisiting front dinette table will still fit if required. I have allowed a 120mm gap all the way around the sides of the freezer for air flow.

The framework can be removed from the van in seconds if not required. No unscrewing involved. However the hinged locker lids will have to be screwed back into place.

The boss is very happy with the result.

sIMG_6606.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Three part framework. sIMG_6610.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)With cushions added.

sIMG_6608.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) sIMG_6607.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Framework retracted.

sIMG_6612.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) sIMG_6615.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Part of the framework upholstered and freezer added.

sIMG_6613_2.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Ray Lawrence, b2nun and like this post!
Last edited Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:52 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:15 am
by Ray Lawrence | 667 Posts

Good idea with the retracting framework, saves a single seat.

Are those the original cushions?

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:22 am

Quote: Ray Lawrence wrote in post #32
Are those the original cushions?

Yes and no. Yes, the original cushions and covers are underneath but we decided to "plump" them up with some memory foam and reupholster them in fire retard fabric. So the cushions are now about 6" thick. The only drawback is that after several years the memory foam has rounded along it's edges. Still more comfortable to sleep on than the original however and no worries as to how to store the memory foam,

We also stripped out the curtains and nets and added vertical bolsters (upholstered pillows). Our bedding is rolled up in a longitudinal bed roll (more recently two single bed rolls) and used as a rear bolster during the day.

g43p537-Randa-s-Pad.html

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:25 am | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:02 am
by ChrisCM (deleted)

I have an ARB 12v/240v compressor fridge freezer which I normally carry in the back of my Land Rover, this type is specifically built for off road vehicle use so could easily take any kind of vibrations that the Eriba could throw at it! downside is that it is top opening which may be a problem if you want to build it in.

Triton 420 following a Land Rover Defender 110 Station Wagon
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:32 am
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

As an ex carpenter Roger, I take my hat off to you.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:21 am

Quote: eribanaut wrote in post #35
As an ex carpenter Roger, I take my hat off to you.
Dave

Can't do that Dave. You'll lose the pencil from behind your ear

Randa

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:50 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

I though it might be the glare from the shiny top that might trouble you.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12518 topics and 105617 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5