RE: Eriba Winter Covers

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:28 pm
by boxer (deleted)

Received my cover from Pro-Tec today. Wont be fitting for a few weeks but had a look at the cover. Seems to be a quality product and excellent service.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:37 pm
by Ana | 4 Posts

We are keen to find the best winter cover for our Rockabilly and wonder if the Protec cover you bought 5 years ago is good quality and does the job.
Many thanks.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:53 pm
by Randa france | 12.872 Posts

Hi Hilary and Eddie.

You won't get a response from Boxer as they've left the forum but can I say that we bought a new Protec cover for our Troll 13 years ago and despite asking it to stand up to some serious weather on a fairly exposed site for 6 months of each year, we are still using it.

It does now look a bit tatty but is still doing the job well.

ps. if you do order one then please tell Protec which model Troll ( and age) it is as the door position will vary dependant on the model. I think the Rockabilly is a 530 or maybe a 540. Also does it have a fixed sunshade casette over the door side?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:01 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:58 pm
by Ana | 4 Posts

That is so useful, thank you Randa. I have heard back from Protec and they do make the covers for our model and the warranty is just 3 years so you have done amazingly. They are quoting £460 and a manufacturing time of 6-8 weeks. Sadly our caravan wasn't properly sealed at the factory when it was made in 2022 so water has been getting in around the back window. It'll be rectified under warranty I'm pleased to say.

I'll be sure to indicate the awning and chimney to ensure it fits well.
Happy caravaning. Eddie

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:23 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

Eddie, if you would prefer something a little lighter on your pocket then look here:- Wanted a protect winter cover for a 540

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:52 am
by John Cross | 263 Posts

We have used Protec for around 20 years. Our WWB had one fitted and our Troll is wearing one.
We find the rear, opening panel, saves much hassle and arguments when fitting.
Our cover is put on when ever we are at home.

2005 Troll 540 and 1994 LR Discovery 1 Fred and Diane
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:44 am
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

For opening up and putting on/taking off, the zip in each corner of the Kampa is excellent. Despite the models we have owned for our Triton and Feeling not being the custom models they have allowed easy access to the van door. Over winter I wrap a strap around the vans waist to keep things snug. The rest of the year it is so easy to put on and take off I leave it loosely in place. That little extra on the covers size allows me to squeeze into the van, without releasing the corner zips, if careful.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:30 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 209 Posts

Hi,
We’ve just opened and tried on the Kampa version today, having removed the old AL COVER.( which was designed for an old-style 530 but fits our 21 model like a glove)
The new one fits very well, but I spent some time comparing material and build quality- I would say they were probably made in the same factory, right down to the logo patch on the front and the ultrasonic welding pattern in the material. Perhaps the new one has slightly thinner material but I couldn’t be bothered to get my callipers out.

As mentioned before, I’m going to try making a roof cover from the old one, with a draw-cord fitting just under the gutter.
There will be plenty of spare material left over so might fit some gussets for wear resistance.

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling “Little Flo”, a Troll 530.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:45 am
by Randa france | 12.872 Posts

Quote: Inspecta_Gadget wrote in post #23
. Perhaps the new one has slightly thinner material but I couldn't be bothered to get my callipers out.

Crikey Steve, that's a bad show. I thought you kept them in your top pocker?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Inspecta_Gadget likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 51 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105657 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4