RE: 17v on mains hook up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:11 am
by Niv2 (deleted)

Thanks for responses and feedback......much appreciated. I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that the 7.0 is probably overkill as you say Ray. I will look for something of lower capacity that does not click!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:33 am
by cabbie37 | 644 Posts

I think I used a CTEX MXS 5.0 in my van. Like Ray, a wet lead acid battery, though mine I think is about 80 amp hour... No clicks!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:20 am
by Niv2 (deleted)

The CTek 7.0 works fine without clicking on a 75amp lead acid battery fitted to my boat but clicks like mad on the 100amp AGM I’m my Eriba.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:25 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

Niv2, it would be useful to get a comment from somebody with a 100Ah AGM battery and a smaller capacity CTek charger, just to try and identify if it is the charger or the battery that are the problem here.
Shame that CTek aren't as helpful as they could be.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:29 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Ray Lawrence wrote in post #34
Niv2, it would be useful to get a comment from somebody with a 100Ah AGM battery and a smaller capacity CTek charger, just to try and identify if it is the charger or the battery that are the problem here.
95Ah Varta AGM, MXS 5.0, completely silent.

and Ray Lawrence like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:11 pm
by Niv2 (deleted)

Thanks for all your help. I have decided to move away fro CTek and have acquired a Mastervolt Easycharge Fixed 6v largely as they were selling these for a good price at my local yacht chandlery and they seem like a solid piece of kit being well built and waterproof. It is very simple, being simply plug and play, so hopefully nothing to go wrong. It is also completely silent.
I did eventually get a reply from CTek and they told me that the regular clicking was normal (I sent them a video).....

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:07 pm
by Southbourners (deleted)

That looks like a good fix,I'm thinking of doing something to bypass the existing charger. The manual seems unclear what the single pole switch is mean to be for, can you confirm what it did on your unit? ours doesn't seem to do much at all!
Happy new year!
Julian

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:32 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

Southbourners,
I believe that the single pole switch is to switch 12Vdc from the towing vehicle to the caravan without the tow vehicle engine running.
Something I used to do many years ago before leisure batteries were the norm and I could run a couple of 12Vdc lights from the tow car's battery.

Not used much or ever today so I used it as described to get power from the Ctek in to the BIP.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:19 pm
by Southbourners (deleted)

Great stuff, that makes perfect sense.,
Thanks,
Julian
2008 Triton, with petrol auto Ateca 1.5.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 18 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0