Reich motor mover issue

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:35 pm
by Bigmig0 (deleted)

Hi All,
my troll 530 has a reich fitted, (the model which needs manually winding on and off). It has more power when moving in reverse than forward, a problem when in a tight pitch and trying to get over the kerb lip onto the pitch as sometimes i have to spin it round and reverse on.
Anyone experienced similar issues?
any advice out there?
cheers in anticipation
Tom

Troll 530 GT - VW Transporter Kombi 4motion https://files.homepagemodules.de/b614104...1a63fd-3912.jpg
Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Reich motor mover issue

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:03 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Tom,
firstly which Reich mover do you have. Secondly I doubt that reverse power is any greater than forwards. I suspect that due to the noseweight you had when towing the mover is pushing the front end of the van/jockey wheel into the ground and making life difficult. This is particularly the case with a narrow solid rubber wheel. A wide Premium Alko Jockey wheel or inflatable tyre are less prone to this.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
FINNWOODY likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:08 pm
by Bigmig0 (deleted)

Hi Colin,
thanks for the reply. The model is 'economy light'. it was fitted from new by Lowdhams. They have it at the moment but can't say i'm impressed with them hence my query.
cheers
Tom

Troll 530 GT - VW Transporter Kombi 4motion https://files.homepagemodules.de/b614104...1a63fd-3912.jpg
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:58 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #2
Tom,
firstly which Reich mover do you have. Secondly I doubt that reverse power is any greater than forwards. I suspect that due to the noseweight you had when towing the mover is pushing the front end of the van/jockey wheel into the ground and making life difficult. This is particularly the case with a narrow solid rubber wheel. A wide Premium Alko Jockey wheel or inflatable tyre are less prone to this.

Colin

Agree with Colin we have Reich Mover. It always moves better in reverse so changed my solid jockey tyre to inflatable type it certainly helps.

Ye gods its snowing in Cornwall !!!

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:32 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #2
. This is particularly the case with a narrow solid rubber wheel. A wide Premium Alko Jockey wheel or inflatable tyre are less prone to this.

Colin

img028.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) I have just seen this add in the Caravan Mag, It gets over the digging in problem of the narrow solid tyre. I changed my wheel to an inflatable one but that also was unsuccessful as it deflated and I found it extremely hard to move the van. It would appear that this is a wide solid tyre.

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:23 pm
by Harry m (deleted)

We have the same motor mover fitted to our Troll economy light and have problems mounting kerbs no problem on level ground

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:56 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

I ordered my Triton 430 from Lowdhams in Nottigham. I must admit to having mixed feelings about he service they offer. I specified the more expensive Easydriver basic [know superseded by the Easydriver active I believe] as it comes with a 5yr as opposed to 3yr warranty of the economy model. Before driving 150 miles to check the van on a return south to north run I phoned to check the correct unit had been fitted and they assured me it had. When I went to view on a Friday afternoon I got to 50yrds of it and knew it was the wrong mover. They had until the following Monday pm to courier the correct unit in and fit it. They managed this but left holes in the chassis that I treated against possible rust and then fitted grommets. The van was also filthy outside and had a few marks.

In there favour I managed to get a very good price on a 5yr service contract that basically means I get the water ingress free. I have also had all problems dealt with without any questioning. It goes in on Feb 8th for service, window rubbers replacement, lower front fairing/light moulding replacement and work to address crazing of the pop-top GRP. According to the official warranty wording the later two points are not covered but the work is being done at no cost to myself.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:18 pm
by FINNWOODY | 137 Posts

I have the same problem even with our little Pan Duo T especially if the jockey wheel is "at an angle" to the direction of travel.I have to keep turning the controller off and on to get some movement.Colin's idea of a wider wheel seems to be s good idea.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:44 am
by Bigmig0 (deleted)

Thanks everyone. Lowdhams say they have now found a loose wire in the pcb and have fixed the fault but from what you've all said leads me to believe its inherent with the unit. The inflatable jockey wheel seems a good idea though.
thanks.

Please stand by for further threads re build quality and Lowdhams service standards.

Cheers
Tom

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:58 pm
by Old Rocker | 496 Posts

My own opinion of Lowdhams is that they sell Eriba under sufferance as they want the Hymer franchise for other Vans and Motorhomes

Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Don't ask me nothing about nothing, I might just tell you the truth
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2