Caravan club tow car for 2014

in We've got it down to a T Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:57 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

Hi Gang, see the link which shows the Caravan Club tow car for 2014 it explains how it is run and the winners, a special mention for the Dacia Duster even though it didn't win ....cough

I like to pop my top when I go on holiday

Last edited Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:00 pm | Scroll up

RE: Caravan club tow car for 2014

in We've got it down to a T Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:20 am
by crow (deleted)

I'll bet VW were not best pleased that the Skoda (VW) won

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:31 am
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

And I still can't work out how year after year the Jetta appears somewhere, yet the Golf very rarely features at all and the Golf massively outsells the Jetta. Does Chamberlain run a Jetta or something?

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:36 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Steamdrivenandy wrote in post #3
Does Chamberlain run a Jetta or something?
Proof, were it needed, that here's only one reason to belong to the Caravan Club.

Cheap glucosamine.

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:11 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

But would anyone actually buy a car based on their recommendations?

For me, towing is only one and not the most important consideration when buying a car, so the CC recommendations are of no value.

I certainly would not consider a Ssangyong nor would I dream of buying one of the chosen cars brand new, so again the findings are irrelevant to me.

I have to say though that I admired the tester's bottle in emergency braking that twin axle job from 60mph without any stability control engaged. On my car I don't think it's possible to disengage the trailer stability program which comes on automatically when a trailer or caravan is attached to the car.

It was also interesting to see that the towballs were still covered in black paint when the vans were connected but I suppose if no stabiliser was engaged that wouldn't matter or have I misunderstood something? Do the new electronic caravan stability systems have friction pads that operate on the ball?

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:53 am

The electrical caravan (as opposed to car) systems work on the van's brakes.

Last summer the nearside wheel of our van dropped into a large hole at the side of the road at about 40mph and by the time it hit the edge of the hole its brake was on and I could feel it pulling. Fractionally later it freed and we carried on safely. I suspect the ATC must've detected the van movement into the hole and reacted. Possibly not the right reaction for the circumstances but it showed something was working.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:00 pm
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

Quote: crow wrote in post #2
I'll bet VW were not best pleased that the Skoda (VW) won

Bet you can't get two full size push bikes and various other tat in the back of that thing
https://files.homepagemodules.de/b614104/f12t722p5987n2.jpg

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:43 pm

If you look carefully you can see the Elgin Marbles and a spare Rolls Royce Olympus engine in there.

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 30 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3