RE: Inclement weather

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:33 pm
by kheadatstbees (deleted)

Ours leaks badly when it's windy. Rain gets through the fly screen, runs down the outside of the zip up cover and pools in the bottom where it has no where to go except back into the van. We have made covers that cure this. Ours is a 2015 familia. Unless ours is a one off cock up by hymer, I'm amazed no one else has had this issue.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:44 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Off at a tangent, as usual. Weather here in the Loire giving no issues with the wet stuff.
Last couple of days has seen a turning point. Awning left open, fridge vents off and fans on. We will take it down soon and put the canopy up. The old folk and dog owners have started moving north early. 40c /100f forcast before weekend.
I'm doing my best not to exert myself, sitting in the shade reading, dipping into the cool pool and drinking lots. Hope I can manage to last out for another week.

Colin

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
mr_underhill likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:02 pm
by Skoderiba | 209 Posts

Did anyone see the recent BBC programme about global warming? I turned on the TV and got interested in the programme mainly because the science team were travelling around (Texas) aboard an airship and I used to work for the company that built it. Anyway, the conclusion reached was that global warming is happening BECAUSE we have reduced air pollution so much that more sunlight, and therefore heat, is reaching the ocean surface causing ever stronger storms. Perhaps we will shortly be urged to get out in our old polluting diesels to cool the planet down.

Fortibus es in Ero
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:41 pm
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

I'm doing that as of this moment. I'm also drinking loads of booze because very shortly it'll be declared good for me and am, in anticipation, rolling 100s of Samson tobacco fags because any time soon they'll be declared a health benefit again. It's a strange old world that I'll soon be getting off of.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:22 am
by Skoderiba | 209 Posts

Not too soon I hope?

Fortibus es in Ero
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:15 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #17
Off at a tangent, as usual. Weather here in the Loire giving no issues with the wet stuff.
Last couple of days has seen a turning point. Awning left open, fridge vents off and fans on. We will take it down soon and put the canopy up. The old folk and dog owners have started moving north early. 40c /100f forcast before weekend.
I'm doing my best not to exert myself, sitting in the shade reading, dipping into the cool pool and drinking lots. Hope I can manage to last out for another week.

Colin

Stick with it buddy, drink for GB One a more serious note going back to the OP never drive in rain with poptop up! 😏

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem

Last edited Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:17 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:57 pm
by Big Al | 223 Posts

Oh great we can now be taxed for polluting and also for not polluting...

1997 Puck pushing a 1970 Morris Minor Traveller, sometimes a Pug 3008
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 29 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3