Holiday blues

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:07 pm
by fishcultureman (deleted)

Holiday to Spain and France cancelled for this year in our little Eriba. Achilles’ tendon rupture. Next year now :(

Scroll up

RE: Holiday blues

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:12 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Ouch sounds painful !! Get healed and look forward to next outing.

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:15 pm

Thanks mate. My wife unfortunately not me. I have a few repairs to do on the Eriba, so that will keep the holiday fires burning til next year.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:18 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

So sorry to hear that. Very painful.....the tendon and no holiday!

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Thank you - planning for May now.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:17 pm
by Randa france | 12.896 Posts

Quote: fishcultureman wrote in post #1
Holiday to Spain and France cancelled for this year in our little Eriba. Achilles’ tendon rupture. Next year now :(

Ouch

R

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:06 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.467 Posts

Ooh that sounds really painful. Hope it's not too long before it's all healed and you're out and about again.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:55 pm

Next May booked to Santander and beyond 😊 Thanks for the kind comments.

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:55 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:35 pm
by Derekcbr (deleted)

OMG! I’ve got the same problem! Archiles tendon rupture first in right leg after 12 weeks now ok but then just walking off golf course the one in the left leg went. Still suffering after 8 weeks. With two going it raise alarm bells and after some extensive research found evidence that the statins I take - along with millions of others - can cause Archiles tendon problems! Now there’s a thought!!!!!

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:02 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.329 Posts

Oh, what statins and dosage do you take. I'm on 20mg Lipitor Atorvastatin and must admit I have not noticed any side effects in the near 2yrs I've been on them. Yes I do have afew aches and pains, but wahat 58yr old male doing physical work doesn't. Have I just been lucky?

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:25 am
by Derekcbr (deleted)

20mg Atorvastatin and if you google statins and tendonitis you will see that a study by French researchers find a definite link. I’ve been taking them for a few years now and didn’t expect to have this trouble. When I went for a scan the radiologist admitted he had seen quite a few with tendon trouble and there was a possible link. Just a thought but a worrying one non the less
Derek

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:39 am
by Frantone (deleted)

Been on statins over 20 years!
As the dosage increased on Simvastatin I began to get wierd muscle spasms in my calves. It was fascinating to watch and as it worsened it was a little reminiscent of the Alien chest scene😬 ......creeping and pulsing under the skin but no pain.
My gp was dismissive of any connection to the statin but eventually agreed to change to Atorvastatin. The muscle problem went.
However over the years since, liver, glaucoma, arthritis and T2 issues etc have developed. They’re all on the list of possible statin effects but who knows how strong the connection is. This Achilles one is new to me but I have been having ankle problems recently.

ps maybe we shouldn’t post medical issues 😟

Eriba Troll 540GT (#6) and Galaxy.
Don’t grow up.....it’s a trap!

FINNWOODY and Eribanut like this post!
Last edited Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:39 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:11 am
by FINNWOODY | 137 Posts

It is interesting though Tony.Within 2 weeks of starting on Atorvastatin I was having bad knee pain.I had difficulty getting down the stairs.I came off them for 2 weeks and the pain disappeared.Later I tried statins again - same problem. I have not used them for 2 years and except for the odd creaky knee all is OK.I think that occasional references to medical issues are OK - quite a few of us on here are of a certain age.... It's a bit like maintenance issues on our Eribas really.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:18 am
by Derekcbr (deleted)

I do know there are alternatives to statins in controlling cholesterol but as with all things it comes down to cost. Yes money! There is no doubt that statins have had a major effect on controlling heart decease and I would never suggest anyone to stop taking them. I have, and I now no longer have any muscle problems and my Archiles tendon is showing signs of improvement and I now don’t suffer the side effects mentioned by others. I’ll now keep a regular check on my cholesterol level and try to control it with correct diet. Just talk to your doctor.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:49 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

“Talk to your doctor”
😂😂😂😂😂

Eriba Troll 540GT (#6) and Galaxy.
Don’t grow up.....it’s a trap!
Bryn and Eribanut like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 20 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12546 topics and 105810 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0